2004 Swedish on-line article

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

2004 Swedish on-line article

Post by RobB »

Auto-translation from Swedish to English of an 2004 on-line article by Kristin Lundell on 'The World Is Saved'.

I don't think we've featured it here before. At least I don't recall it. :)

Stina Nordenstam ready to save the world
Stina Nordenstam is back with the new album "The world is saved". This time without any major label in the back. - I need the relevance of things - not limousines and luxury.
By Kristin Lundell
October 21, 2004

There are two completely different worlds that meet in the Hotel Amaranten's lobby a Wednesday morning in October. Participants of TV 4's soap talent competition "Idol 2004" moves back and forth in the entrance, apparently obrydda before his (over) exposure for the Swedish people. In an armchair in a corner of the lobby sits Stina Nordenstam and talks about his new and sixth album, "The world is saved". In conjunction with the album release, she has chosen to give a number of interviews; something that tends to be self-evident to most artists, but that has not been the case for Stina Nordenstam.

Her low profile, the fact that she wears wig on her pictures and she never plays live has resulted in reviews as "timid genius", but the lack of interest in appearing is not only that she would be shy.

- I do not like to be seen and want to be recognized. But I also feel genuinely bad about media and groupings; when something is about to confirm that it belongs to the same group: "We Stockholmers 'or' we are going to the pub." And in
the newspapers, it is about to confirm an image as all the parts. It begins by stating that everyone has the same starting point and then do your own comment. I do not like this to repeat what everyone already knows the same thing: the shrinking world of the image.
"The world is saved", thirteen years after their debut album "Memories of a color" which was released in 1991. Although Stina Nordenstam's music can hardly be counted as a safe commercial short was her first five records out of the big corporations that were not stingy with the budget. Today the situation is different and "The world is saved" is given out at the record company A Walk In The Park Stina Nordenstam has started with his former manager Ian Grenfell. To finance the album, they have among other things taken a bank loan, but Stina Nordenstam not feel any pressure that she must now sell records in order to pay back the loan. And she is not lacking in existence with a record company sixth in the back.

- I made ​​many absurd travels in the beginning of my career.
When I had just released my first album, I went to Los Angeles to meet my label. In the office sat a giant man behind a desk and the only thing he said was "oooh, she 's beautiful." Then there was the meeting over. Everything was so surreal and meaningless. I need the relevance of things - not limousines and luxury.

Stina Nordenstam believe that "The world is saved" has been pre-recorded in a few years, but she is not quite sure. The songs were recorded at various locations in Stockholm and some of the tracks came to a digital tape recorder in her apartment. And opinions differ on the album's state of mind: in case of issue of the hopeful and light or chaos and dark.

- That could be quite insane. I did interviews in Berlin and all the reporters were divided on the disc and wanted me to confirm precisely their impressions: "this disc portrays the cold, a real winter slice" or "at last you have come out of darkness, this is your most hopeful album". In the end
I just sat and laughed. Although I perceive disc hopeful there is much darkness in it: optimistic, do have a counterpart.

Even the basic issue of "The world is saved" are poppy, minimalist or even jazzy, perceptions differ widely. Everyone seems to have their own views on the matter, which sometimes also Stina Nordenstam confused.

- The disc has been completed so very long that I do not really remember how it sounded. I absolutely do not like that this album is jazz, but when people started saying to me that it was there, I had to think: "Wait, what was it I did? Oh no. Do not tell me it's a jazz album ".

Kristin Lundell

sound world
Bedroom

Re: 2004 Swedish on-line article

Post by sound world »

Nice one, RobB, not sure if I've seen that before, but I shall check through my database of SN interviews. 8-)

Where did you find it? it might be good to post the Swedish original up here too, or a link (but they die...so let's have the text) in case STRMBRG or Blown-A-Wish or someone else who could give us a decent translation drops by.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Hmm, my avatar seems to have died- or can you see the dancing cat?
Probably time for a new one anyway... :geek:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Nice one, RobB, not sure if I've seen that before, but I shall check through my database of SN interviews. 8-)

Where did you find it? it might be good to post the Swedish original up here too, or a link (but they die...so let's have the text) in case STRMBRG or Blown-A-Wish or someone else who could give us a decent translation drops by.
There is certainly a couple of quotes from Stina that I don't recall having read before.

I found the link at the bottom of Stina's Wikipedia page.

Here's the link to the original article:

http://www.svd.se/stina-nordenstam-redo ... den_169265

I dropped Kristin (the author of the article) a message this afternoon via Facebook and she very kindly replied saying that Stina is off the radar in Sweden and that she knows several people who have been trying to contact Stina without success.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Hmm, my avatar seems to have died- or can you see the dancing cat?
Probably time for a new one anyway... :geek:
No sign of the dancing cat I'm afraid. He always looked like he was being experimented upon anyway? :mrgreen:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

OK I looked through all the Stina Interviews I have, and I do indeed have that one, with translation very similar to the one you've Googled, RobB. Don't remember where or when I got hold of it, but mine says '2004, updated 2007' - which is interesting (sort of).

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Nice new avatar, eh?

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

yeah, I love it :D
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Nice new avatar, eh?
That's a really nice one which I haven't seen before. :D

Did you take it? :mrgreen:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

RobB wrote: Did you take it? :mrgreen:
Yeah, I let Stina out of her prison for a day :shock: :lol:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:
RobB wrote: Did you take it? :mrgreen:
Yeah, I let Stina out of her prison for a day :shock: :lol:
Her prison? Not your prison then? :mrgreen:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Nice new avatar, eh?
Do you have any info on the photo? Location, date etc ? :-)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

It's from an interview c. ASCHE (it's that anorak). When I get a sec I'll dig out the details. :D

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

As I've never seen the photo before I suspect I haven't seen the interview either. :)