A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Two interesting bits of news...

Post by sound world »

Very quiet round here.... :whistle:

Anyway, I found these snippets of interest -

Sigur Ros are curating their own Festival - scroll to about 3/4 of the way down the page for some interesting things re Stina
https://jajajamusic.com/playlists/nordi ... sigur-ros/

And look at this, fourth para:
https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/ ... ts-warner/

Reissues in the pipeline? bonus tracks? 8)
But this is Stina, don't hold your breath (we'd all have broken the Guinness record for breath-holding a decade ago) :mrgreen:

RobB
Bedroom

Re: Two interesting bits of news...

Post by RobB »

Thanks for the links,Dave. :)

Of the two, Woah Dad! obtaining the MOAC / ASCHE / Dynamite & PAS albums is definitely the most newsworthy. It would be exciting news if they remastered those albums with additional tracks but I'm slightly dubious about that. More likely they'll just make them more readily available by releasing them as digital downloads and perhaps give the cds a straight release at best.
Time will tell as always.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I see that one of the four founder members of the record company, Woah Dad!, is Klas Lunding, who set up Telegram Records Stockholm in 1988 and signed Stina to the label in 1991. The label was obtained by WEA Time Warner in 1993 and Klas headed the A&R department at Telegram/WEA until 1997. And now through Woah Dad! he's obtained the rights to Stina's first four albums. 8)

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Well, at least, she's still alive and reachable. :) Not a surprise about her not willing to play shows, though.
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

RobB wrote:I see that one of the four founder members of the record company, Woah Dad!, is Klas Lunding, who set up Telegram Records Stockholm in 1988 and signed Stina to the label in 1991. The label was obtained by WEA Time Warner in 1993 and Klas headed the A&R department at Telegram/WEA until 1997. And now through Woah Dad! he's obtained the rights to Stina's first four albums. 8)
Bringing his chickens home to roost, as it were. :D

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Bringing his chickens home to roost, as it were. :D
:lol:
........or one reclusive hen as in this instance. :wink:

Checking out the Woah Dad! website I note that they release a lot of their albums on vinyl........various coloured ones at that. 8)

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Indeed quiet, Dave. I posted the same article in the facebook group on Stina, and only now decided to check the board. This news has been online here for a long time... I should check the board more often, I guess but it's out of my system. I have a lot of contact with Beth, Angie, Sara, Elfy and Spook on Facebook now that's replacing the board over here for a bit.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Nothing seems to have happened about this yet, but it would be really good to see those albums being remastered and reissued. Her music is always going to be too idiosyncratic to make major waves, but that doesn't mean it should be allowed to sink into obscurity. Those albums are all brilliant, virtually everything she did was great, it should be honoured by someone with the means to do it.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...