'Jean-Claude' with English subtitles

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

'Jean-Claude' with English subtitles

Post by sound world »

Finally a version of J-C in good quality with English subtitles, (after years of me struggling with my French or watching the version with Swedish subtitles).

https://vimeo.com/241148505

Can I embed that, somehow, Alex?

Quite revelatory...J-C had a pretty awful life, made a lot of mistakes - quite shocking. But he retained a certain worldly dignity. The bit where he's asking passers-by for money is pretty funny.

And I've said it before, I'll say it again - it's Stina's masterpiece, IMO. Throw in the unused music for the film - And the Winner Is, Failing To Fly (full version) and it is a collection of almost unbearably moving songs, even for Stina. The lyrics for, eg, 'Morning Belongs To The Night' are up there with the lyrics on Dynamite.

alx5962
Bedroom

Re: 'Jean-Claude' with English subtitles

Post by alx5962 »

Sorry but it's copyrighted content so I prefer you don't, as I don't want lawyers at my door :lol:
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Yes, then you'd be out on the streets like Jean-Claude!!! :lol:

Elforel
Living room
Location: Somewhere between the ground and the sky (Beijing, China)

Post by Elforel »

Thanks for that link, dear Dave!
I totally agree with you about this being some of the best Stina music. Actually, I find the full soundtrack of the movie superb, I sometimes just play the movie just to hear it as a whole. The voices and ambient sounds all work greatly with it.
This reminds me, I got the songs from Kuhn back in the day...any idea where he is now and what he's up to?
Blog:blog.foukography.com
"Mieux vaudrait apprendre a faire l'amour correctement plut?t que s'abrutir sur un livre d'histoire." B.Vian

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Wow, Elfy, long LONG time! How are you?? WHERE are you? (could be anywhere!) have you got kids now?? etc etc...send me a PM!!

Vous avez raison - I too sometimes/mostly watch the film just to hear the songs!