eBay pics

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

eBay pics

Post by sound world »

Presume people have spotted these? Highly priced, but i've found that if you copy the lo-res thumbnails of the pics and paste them onto a page of A4 or similar they still render pretty well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stina-Norden ... SwRUNfOWJa
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stina-Norden ... Sw0OxfOVQY
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stina-Norden ... SwNkZfOUXr

The dates attached to two of them suggest to me that they were taken at the Umeå Festival gigs in Nov 1990 and Oct 1991 (see the Stina timeline).
The sax player in the first photo isn't David Wilczewski (Flippermen sax player) but it doesn't look much like Johan Horlen either, who was reputedly on the 1990 Umeå gig.

RobB
Bedroom

Re: eBay pics

Post by RobB »

I think you're right about two of the photos being festival shots. I think the actual dates written on the back are the dates the photos were printed as neither of the dates exactly match the known concert dates at the time. I would have been interested but the thought of not getting much change from ninety quid is a bit off putting. :I

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Might be the dates when they appeared in whatever paper it was. Funny how those pics - and there's loads more, mostly relating to Swedish celebs - are coming from Latvia. Latvia is (kind of) opposite Sweden as the crow flies (crookedly).
Agree about the price. Be nice to have some hi-res scans, but as I said, they print out well with all three of them on an A4 sheet, even though they're only about 20kb each. (I read somewhere that the computer on the lunar module of Apollo 8 only had about 20k of memory - enough to get the job done :mrgreen: )

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:18 pm
(I read somewhere that the computer on the lunar module of Apollo 8 only had about 20k of memory - enough to get the job done :mrgreen: )
Yes, I've read in the past that the Apollo 11 computer that took them to the first moon landing (and back) had about the same tech capacity and capability of one of today's calculators. :mrgreen:

I've saved those three photos to my PC and will order them as prints the next time I send off an order. It would have been nice to have had the originals though. Maybe if they don't sell they might bring the price down?

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

The seller has 295,000 pics up for sale... :shock: so I don't think he'll start lowering the price just yet. :mrgreen:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:23 pm
The seller has 295,000 pics up for sale... :shock: so I don't think he'll start lowering the price just yet. :mrgreen:
Well, with that amount he could easily sell each photo for £4 and still end up a millionaire. :wink: