Stina entry on ASCAP

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Stina entry on ASCAP

Post by RobB »

Stina's entry at the American Society of Composers,Authors,and Publishers) website:

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/per ... NORDENSTAM

and some unusual titles at this link:

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/wri ... A%20ULRIKA

I Hope You'll Crash In Your Car !! :shock:

Perhaps Stina works for an insurance company now? :mrgreen:

sound world
Bedroom

Re: Stina entry on ASCAP

Post by sound world »

Good find, RobB!
Some of those titles (eg She bought a Rope, Changing Fortunes of Susanne D) I've seen before as lists from sets Stina did at the start of her career pre-MOAC - and others look like the names of quasi-jazz standards ('It Could Have Been You' IS a jazz standard, as is 'What's New' - Stina's one is 'Intro to What's New') so I'm guessing there's a lot of her early things in there.
Quite a lot that's NOT there too - pretty much everything post-PAS on Stina's own albums, for instance.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Now shared with the FB group in the hope of some wider feedback.
I suspect there are a lot of errors there and they have the wrong title and / or writer listed.
Cod for example has to be CQD, a sloppy mistake that shouldn't happen when potential clients are searching for a particular title.
On the positive side I wonder how many of these titles are from the partially recorded follow up album to The World Is Saved? As soon as recordings are completed,they usually get registered and well before any planned release.

I have Googled several of the listed titles ( Oysters and Vices, He Had To Cancel Their Marriage, Hope Is The Hardest Way, I hope You'll Crash In Your Car, Jessica (Just Tell Me What You Want) and no matches with existing songs were found so that does tend to give weight to these being genuine unreleased songs by Stina.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I'm in the middle of reading a new book about John Lennon in the last year of his life. One section was interesting which mentioned that when he completed a song, he straight away wrote out the title and lyric in manuscript form for copyright purposes, a head of any rehearsals and recordings.
Looking at those unknown Stina titles, many (if not all) might have been written for the last (unfinished) album, but probably never even got to the studio stage so most likely are still unrecorded rather than unreleased.