Stina interview (Aftenposten Aften/ Oslopuls) Norw.

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

puce wrote:
kuhn wrote:
You're right, most people in Bergen write Bokm?l and speak something similar to that. I don't what the two KoC members sound like, they may speak differently.
Here's a little gig they played for someone who won a contest to have them play to his home. It's in Oslo and they speak Norwegian between the songs.
http://straumod.nrk.no/root02/Petre/200 ... 093645.wmv
They both seem to speak the local city dialect.

But Erlend ?ye is too quiet, so it's hard to tell.

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

wirbel wrote:and we Frisians are pretty much like norwegians... I think it's cool that all germanic languages have so much in common, so that can understand most languages now :)
Hmmm, are you a Frisian too? How did you end up in the west of the Netherlands?? :shock:

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

pgss wrote:
wirbel wrote:and we Frisians are pretty much like norwegians... I think it's cool that all germanic languages have so much in common, so that can understand most languages now :)
Hmmm, are you a Frisian too? How did you end up in the west of the Netherlands?? :shock:
yes, i'm from Friesland too. I'm still living in the west since i'm studying architecture in Delft, but i live in Rotterdam now. I do plan to move back north some time, and maybe even further north ;)

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Ooops! I forgot about the translation thing! :I

Maybe this weekend!

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

yes please Kuhn!! whenever you can... ^

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

and the article from the swedish magazine someone??? Kuhn asked someone who knows swedish well to translate that...[help]
pls pls pls :)

http://www.paulsinnema.nl/forum/viewtop ... 9&start=15

picsou
Kitchen

Post by picsou »

Did I promise anything :?: :D One should not! How patient are you? 8d

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Here it is: Please forgive and do report any errors.

---

Stina Nordenstam is a successful Swedish artist, but she prefers anonymity. Her energy and impatience are her strengths.

She has made an album that is about catastrophes and a collapsing world. Stina Nordenstam named the record ?The World Is Saved?. By that she is of course referring to the time after the catastrophe. Since her 1991 debut ?Memories Of A Color?, Stina has become internationally renowned. This even though her private life is kept low key. The records speak for themselves. She had a difficult start on her life, and this has affected her relationship to the public ever since.

Claustrophobia.

Q - How is it possible to protect your privacy when you're an artist?

- It has to do with the shock I experienced when I started. It's difficult to see yourself clearly. I didn't pay enough attention to what I did back then. It wasn't fake though it wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be. It is dangerous to limit a person's freedom - It gives me a sense of claustrophobia. That's why I despise television and wear a wig, she says on the phone from Stockholm.

Q - Are you a vulnerable person?

Yes, I guess so. I'm quite galled and do not have a lot of defense.

Dream interpretation

Q - How does this affect how you write your tunes?

- I'm not conscious when I write. I'm not aware of what I?m doing. The consciousness is far behind the process itself. It's like dream interpretation. A linkage between the self biographical and fantasy.

Q - What inspires you?

- Not much. It's more of a introspective gaze of a process. Some things are intensified, while other things are not there. The lyrics and the melody often come at the same time, and then I fine tune it afterwards.

Q - Are you a melodramatic person?

- Yes, [It is a] strong attraction in that direction. When I grew up and release the first record, I was plagued with depression. In the beginning, I found comfort in my voice, even though I really did not like it. listened a lot to my records after I had been to the studio. The voice was put into the front of the mix. Self comfort is something strong and at the same time sad. I do not listed to my own records today. I'm less insecure. Today I feel impatience.

Q - What to do you do expect making music?

- When I was young I read books, but now I watch more movies and DVDs. However, Swedish films are something I have difficulties with. I watch every thriller, big American movies, Korean and Japanese movies, though not niche. That's more of a compliment. Otherwise, I'm really nearsighted, and prefer to live in the Present. My attention only lasts for a days time. I've hard to look back and see the economical and political aspects of things.

Q - Is that a problem?

- I feel like I'm behind, and have no time for reflection. I've been busy with my absolute closeness. I'm a impatient and active person. I can start watching a movie, but one hour into the film I get impatient and want to do something else. A problem? No. That's life.
Last edited by kuhn on Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

Dragning = Attraction
N?rsynt = Nearsighted

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

daniel wrote:Dragning = Attraction
N?rsynt = Nearsighted
Tusen takk! ^

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Interesting interview with Stina as confusingly honest as ever! ^ ^
Thanks Kuhn for the translation. :)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Excellent work Kuhn!! Thanks!!

RobB
Bedroom

Re: Stina interview (Aftenposten Aften/ Oslopuls) Norw.

Post by RobB »

Just bumping up this interview from 15 years ago. :)