The Tori Thread

Post by kuhn »

2005 is the time of the Beekeeper.

Discuss Tori here.

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

I've managed to download all of the songs of The Beekeeper and I'm hooked to it. This is truly a striking album. More diverse than Scarlet's Walk was. :)

Spookrijder
Kitchen

Post by Spookrijder »

Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuttt, Elizabeth could come with tons of comments for the love of Toriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! :arrow: 8)

fog
Kitchen

Post by fog »

He he! Exactly Spook!
But as long as we'll wait for our dear Elizabeth, let me say that 'The Beekeeper' is really really great and i'm SO excited to hold a promo copy of it in my hands!
But the cover is...yuk! :?
Reality is a personal choice

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Yes, I do hope that Elizabeth will join us here soon in the discussion about The Beekeeper.

And about that cover: it's dull. :roll:

whatis
Living room

Post by whatis »

someone come on alrady and post some MP3s!!!!!
:roll:

pgss
Bedroom

Website Revamped

Post by pgss »

Tori Amos has her website revamped into the beekeeper style. Next to that "Everything Tori" had gone live with information on all Tori releases.

fog
Kitchen

Post by fog »

Can somebody please tell me where the F [censor] K is Elizabeth so we can start this discussion with all the honours? :)
Reality is a personal choice

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Elizabeth hasn't joined the new forum and in the near future she will not join either.

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

pgss wrote:Elizabeth hasn't joined the new forum and in the near future she will not join either.
She said to me she wanted a break.

I'm sure she'll be back one day.

No hard feelings as far as I could see.

Lacuna
Hallway

Post by Lacuna »

The Beekeeper is dull and unchallenging. I am tremendously disappointed with the album. Cars And Guitars was a bad omen, to me it feels that Tori is coasting on her name with this record. I have never ever disliked Tori before, I have bought literally every single (only missing CD2 of Glory Of The 80's), bought every album, video/DVD.

For me it is very sad, I feel terrible that I just cannot like this record. Maybe it might grow on me like PJ Harvey's Uh Huh Her album (which I now like but boy it took a long time!). I'm not holding my breath though...

[cry]

Hoochie Woman is rather good though.... [tup]

Fingers cross for Kate Bush's new album hehe...
"Creeping up the backstairs
Slinking into dark stalls..."

pgss
Bedroom

No hard feelings

Post by pgss »

kuhn wrote:No hard feelings as far as I could see.
No hard feelings indeed, she just chose to focus on "real" life.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Lacuna wrote:The Beekeeper is dull and unchallenging. I am tremendously disappointed with the album. For me it is very sad, I feel terrible that I just cannot like this record.
I recognize the feeling. The same happened to me with Bj?rk's last album. I gave the copy I had away. I simply found the music so ugly and terrible that I couldn't stand to listen to it.... What a waste of talent.

The new Tori album although... I like it.
A few songs I don't like very much, which include Ireland and Hoochie Woman. Cars and Guitars has grown on me, I like it now. The place the song has on the album is right.
Lacuna wrote:Fingers cross for Kate Bush's new album hehe...
I'm also very curious about that....

Lacuna
Hallway

Post by Lacuna »

I do like the joke covers circulating of The Beekeeper (see avatar!)

[:o]
"Creeping up the backstairs
Slinking into dark stalls..."

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

I'm looking forward to hearing this album. There seems to be a lot of strong reactions to it, good and bad, which I think is always good! From the two tracks I've heard, Sleeps with Butterflies and Cars and Guitars, I gotta say I liked Cars and Guitars better. I know you're not fond of this one Daniel, but I thought that it at least had some personality, something that's totally lacking in Sleeps with Butterflies. [b)] That's all I can say for now - more when I actually have the album in my hand!

BTW, anyone read the book yet? I went to buy it last week, but it was sold out. I'll have to try another bookstore sometime soon.