Song fixation

New bands are welcome
sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Song fixation

Post by sound world »

I wonder if they do their arrangements on the spot; they've got a good sense of harmony.
Hope that that track gets left pretty much like that-you can just envisage it being overproduced with huge beats/electronic vocal manipulation and all the other tiresome folderol that comes with modern pop to make it sound like another supermarket product. Just acappella like that, it's lovely.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Yeah they always did have a great harmonic blend in their voices, that was one of the things that made them stand out from the run of the mill pop/soul groups of the time. Hearing them acappella like that is wonderful. I'm sure the actual album tracks will be very produced, but even so they have these weird little quirks in their production that are always worth hearing.

I hope the album does well for them when it finally emerges. I'm sure it will. Heidi and the other two replacements - I can't even remember their names! - just don't have that strong vocal sound/blend.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

a fun track of Mutya Keisha Siobhan has been put online. Not completely my cup of tea but the harmonies are good. Pitchfork seems to be positive. Good to see the girls get that publicity. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/151 ... ing-pools/

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

OK, I LOVE THAT!! Man, and it was just a bit of fun at the end of a recording session, apparently. They are sounding so damn good. 8)

Surely this track will be officially released in some form, as a bonus maybe? I hope so.

Really looking forward to this album so much. ^
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

The new single Flatline by Mutya Keisha Siobhan out in september: https://soundcloud.com/mutyakeishasiobhan/flatline

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

pgss wrote:The new single Flatline by Mutya Keisha Siobhan out in september: https://soundcloud.com/mutyakeishasiobhan/flatline
I liked the last bit when they'd stopped singing. :I

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

:mrgreen:

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

I'm going to spam you some more with a new acoustic performance by Mutya Keisha Siobhan:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I really enjoyed the simplicity of that performance....it certainly shows off their vocals to better effect and you can hear how well rehearsed they are. :)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Ok, this song has been going round and round in my head for the last week or so. I just love the keyboard sound and vocals on this one which has shades of Laurie Anderson's 'O Superman' and a splash of eighties Claire Hamill.

Au Revoir Simone and 'Boiling Point'.