A deluge of albums this autumn.

New bands are welcome
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

A deluge of albums this autumn.

Post by RobB »

You know summer is over because suddenly a whole lot of new albums are set to be released in the coming weeks.

Among those titles I have on my 'have to buy' list are new albums by:

Birdy
Au Revoir Simone
Paul McCartney
Agnes Obel
Emiliana Torrini
Goldfrapp
Kathryn Williams

Julianna Barwick's new album I've just purchased so that's one off the list.

Pity a new album by Ms Nordenstam isn't on the list though? :(

Anyone else have a new albums to be purchased list?

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: A deluge of albums this autumn.

Post by sound world »

I have an app on my Mac, 'Release Reminder' which you can fill with a list of your favourite artists. Every now and then you can start it up and it spews out a list of new (and re)releases by those artists. Which is very useful.
There's very few artists that I will go out and buy brand new albums from. In the rock/pop world it's Stina and probably Anja Garbarek. For the rest, even people I really like, I'd rather check their latest out first, which is easy nowadays with Spotify etc.

I tend to find an artist I like and then try and get hold of their back catalogue. I don't really give a toss about following fashions.

blue
Bedroom

Re: A deluge of albums this autumn.

Post by blue »

The only one I'm really looking forward to is MutyaKeishaSiobhan. I tend to pick up older albums cheap now, there's not a lot in the current rock/pop music world that interests me at all. I'll always check out new stuff by old favourites like Radiohead, Polly Harvey, Bjork, but even they've somewhat lost me with their last records.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...