Siobhan Donaghy

New bands are welcome
d.a.walker
Bathroom

Re: Siobhan Donaghy

Post by d.a.walker »

The third album is in the works, and she has been picked up by another division of EMI, which confirms that it was only Parlophone who dropped her, not the main label. :D

It's due in 2010.

Can't wait!!!!
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

d.a.walker wrote:The third album is in the works, and she has been picked up by another division of EMI, which confirms that it was only Parlophone who dropped her, not the main label. :D

It's due in 2010.

Can't wait!!!!
Where have you got this news? I contacted Siobhan through myspace and she denied having a new recorddeal. She is indeed working on a third album but there's no recorddeal on the horizon.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

I got this info from my good friend and ex-manager (whom alas I can no longer afford their services :( - and that's not rude!!! :lol: ).

He's been pretty spot on with a lot of insider gossip, so I'd be surprised if he's got it wrong.

Siobhan is apparently a difficult character though, a friend of mine worked with her on Revolution In Me and said she could be unpredictable and a bit difficult to work out at times. Mind you the same person also said some pretty negative things of another singer we are all very familiar with here, and I found it a little hard to believe him to be honest.

Whatever the truth is, the fact that a year ago she was pretty clear a 3rd record would be a long time coming and now one is on the horizon, it can only be a good thing! :mrgreen:

Crystallina
Hallway

Post by Crystallina »

Good news. I always thought "Ghosts" was underrated.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

I've finally tracked down the 2 elusive bonus tracks from Ghosts, Man On A Mission and Re-Offend.

Man On A Mission is a moody number, very atmospheric and left of centre, much in keeping with Coming Up For Air.

Re-Offend is 1:51 of swirling gorgeousness, an absolute gem and I think one of my favourites by her.

I'm still incredibly fond of this album.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Hey Daniel,

I have a fanmade b-sides album of Siobhan. If you're interested in that then contact me through PM. I can send it to australia.

As for the new album: it is apparently not in the works because everything is silent around Siobhan.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Apparantly Siobhan Donaghy has not been recording a new solo-album. She has been in the studio with Mutya and Keisha, because the three original sugababes are reforming for an album. It all has to be confirmed officially but it's buzzing on twitter and several newssites. Boy George has heard some tracks and said they sounded great. Also they've been seen a lot at the Sony building in London. Really promising to hear some new music with Siobhan involved. Although I'd rather had another solo album by her.

There's this really nice acoustic version of Overload online, I hope this will be the vibe of the album (although I fear it'll be a lot more towards a poppy version of rnb).

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

pgss wrote:There's this really nice acoustic version of Overload online, I hope this will be the vibe of the album (although I fear it'll be a lot more towards a poppy version of rnb).
Nice guitar work.
Talking of vibes, it reminds me in places of Stina's Get On With Your Life!

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

pgss wrote:Apparently Siobhan Donaghy has not been recording a new solo-album. She has been in the studio with Mutya and Keisha, because the three original sugababes are reforming for an album.
That's a shame, the avant-pop sound suited her.

Here's to hoping the Sugababes project is to pay for her next, most experimental solo album :pray:

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Well apparantly the old sugababes have signed a 1 million pound recorddeal with Polydor. An official announcement is on the way so the sources on popjustice.com say. And indeed I just hope that this will enable Siobhan to record a new solo-album after this.... She hasn't been picked up for a third solo-album by any recordcompany after the commercial failure of her previous solo albums, so let's hope that this album will be succesfull.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

We often get Sugababes cds donated to our charity shop,. Unfortunately we can hardly give them away let alone sell them.
Not sure anyone is really that excited about their reformation, other than the over optimistic record company.