Anna Ternheim

New bands are welcome
kuhn
Bedroom

Anna Ternheim

Post by kuhn »

Someone mentioned Anna Ternheim on the old board, and then I had just heard a couple of her most radio friendly songs (the latest single) and found them to be so-so.

However, I just revisited this artist and and I now really love the tune "To Be Gone".

Check out the video (real video):

http://www.annaternheim.com/?sid=releas ... deo&id=668

Btw. it almost seems as the last part of the video is filmed at the same place as "This Time, John" was.

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

I absolutely ADORE Anna Ternheim's music. So good that words cannot describe. Coincidentally I went to her concert just the day before yesterday.

If you wanna see some pics from it they are at my website at the top of my blog: http://www.marvelhill.vze.com

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

ooh, that's a pretty video; not sure i like her singing yet, it's something i might enjoy more when listening to a few times more

paulr
Living room

Post by paulr »

I'm watching the video's at the moment on her site. simple, basic but very effective. I like "To be gone". The rest have to grow a little on me, I think.
And I ABSOLUTELY love the sleevephotgraph of the CD:

http://www.annaternheim.com/fanzone-dat ... bb874234a9
Down Desire Avenue ..

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

paulr wrote:I'm watching the video's at the moment on her site. simple, basic but very effective. I like "To be gone". The rest have to grow a little on me, I think.
And I ABSOLUTELY love the sleevephotgraph of the CD:

http://www.annaternheim.com/fanzone-dat ... bb874234a9
btw, could Stina had been in Uppsala to get one of her blond wigs back? [:o]

paulr
Living room

Post by paulr »

yeah .. she probably wants Anna's scalp. Probably it is Stina herself on the Sleeve and not Anna, therefore they photoshopped her face in the shadow [disguise] [help] :shock: 8d
Down Desire Avenue ..

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

Hahahahaha ... you're mocking me and my frustrated fanboyhood ... damn you all to hell ... hahahahaha...

... and that doesn't look like a wig ... it's her real hair ... or have you gotten used to having your artists being masters of disguise :P

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

i've now listened a few times to 'to be gone' and i've come to really love this track; the words fit me perfectly well and allthough her voice is also one you have to get used to i must say i'm pretty okay with it now...

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

did you guys notice that there's a guestbook entry by Stina Nordenstam on Anna's website? it says she was at her concert in uppsala and she was impressed by her music; There's a reply by Daniel (is that you D. on this forum?) i can't understand everything in swedish but i think it says he didn't see her there....
hmm, interesting entries...

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

wirbel wrote:did you guys notice that there's a guestbook entry by Stina Nordenstam on Anna's website? it says she was at her concert in uppsala and she was impressed by her music; There's a reply by Daniel (is that you D. on this forum?) i can't understand everything in swedish but i think it says he didn't see her there....
hmm, interesting entries...
Same Daniel, but is it the same Stina?

Check this:

http://www.paulsinnema.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

Yes it is ... that's the same entry I saw ...

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Got this today, 2 track "My Secret" single, Radio Version and "I Say No" (Gotland Version).

Strangely it's not mentioned on the official site?

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

^ That is such a nice song ... and I do prefer that version of I Say No.
But THE best single you can get is the To Be Gone maxi ... it has this brilliant b-side Troubled Mind ... breathtaking. It's definitely album quality but it wouldn't have fit in.

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

daniel wrote:^ That is such a nice song ... and I do prefer that version of I Say No.
But THE best single you can get is the To Be Gone maxi ... it has this brilliant b-side Troubled Mind ... breathtaking. It's definitely album quality but it wouldn't have fit in.

I love To Be Gone [music]

I got all the three singles. Yeah, I know some of the tracks are the same, but the artwork is sublime too ^

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

i've been listening to anna ternheim every day now :) and I love To be gone, My Secret, and I Say No the best. It's a wonderful album she's made!