Anna Ternheim

New bands are welcome
kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Meowth wrote::D thanks a lot :oops: :D

is there any good website to buy separation road limited edition ? i think i'll have to hurry on getting it before it gets unavailable (same as somebody outside (naked versions) :( :( :()
If you live within the EU - CDON.com

or Bengans.se - follow the link I've posted above and select the deluxe version and the appropriate flag at the bottom.

According to Amazon.co.uk, it's set for a October release over there. :?:

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

Well, being a big fan of Anna, i'm a bit disappointed by the new single and video so far; but maybe i'll learn to love it, cause i didn't think much of 'to be gone' at first as well. It's a different sound of course, and I think i dislike the rhythm mostly right now; hmm, is the rest of the album similar or is it more like the first album?
-I am a true Believer-

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

wirbel wrote:Well, being a big fan of Anna, i'm a bit disappointed by the new single and video so far; but maybe i'll learn to love it, cause i didn't think much of 'to be gone' at first as well. It's a different sound of course, and I think i dislike the rhythm mostly right now; hmm, is the rest of the album similar or is it more like the first album?
I'm not that fond of the new single either . it's like a louder, more radio friendly poor man's To Be Gone [Mind - I've only heard the radio version]. :lol:

Judging by the recent live sessions, the album is slightly repetitive. But of course the album may sound completely different from that.

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

I recently discovered another Swedish singer named Britta Person. I like her music more than Anna Terheims.

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

well the version of 'girl laying down' on her myspace (here: http://www.myspace.com/annaternheim) is a bit different and a bit better without the quirky sound at the beginning and the rhythm being less annoying somehow. Also her voice comes out better in the mix.
The video version somehow sounds like an old ghost movie type of thing. And it's too bombastic, which i still dislike about the rhythm and long strings on the myspace version too. Is the 'naked' version different? i hope so, cause then it might be a good song indeed. :)
well i'm gonna get the album anyway i think; i like Anna too much :?
-I am a true Believer-

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

I downloaded Separation Road last week and i think it's very good (although not getting much playing time between Chara and Juana Molina albums i have on repeat)

I really like the video version of Girl Laying Down, though. :lol:

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

aermancer wrote:I downloaded Separation Road last week and i think it's very good (although not getting much playing time between Chara and Juana Molina albums i have on repeat)

I really like the video version of Girl Laying Down, though. :lol:
I'm not sure which of the 3 (or 4?)* version of the song I like the best.

Radio Edit. Album ver. Naked Ver. II. (Naked Ver, on the single)

Today Is A Good Day - the new single (no commerical release...) - is far superior.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFjAq2k5Ksg

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

I think Separation Road is one of my favorite albums now. It's so beautiful the first album doesn't even compare for me. Today Is A Good Day, No Subtle Men, One To Blame, Feels Like Sand, Girl Laying Down, Lovers Dream... all of them are brilliant! ^

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

aermancer wrote:I think Separation Road is one of my favorite albums now. It's so beautiful the first album doesn't even compare for me. Today Is A Good Day, No Subtle Men, One To Blame, Feels Like Sand, Girl Laying Down, Lovers Dream... all of them are brilliant! ^
Love the single version of Lovers Dream

http://www.myspace.com/annaternheim

New maxi out in April

LOVERS DREAM & MORE MUSIC FOR PSYCHOTIC LOVERS

1. Lovers Dream (feat. Fyfe Dangerfield)
2. The Ones They Blame
3. Let The Bells Ring
4. Bridges
5. More Words Of Love / Vals

paulr
Living room

Post by paulr »

paulr wrote:hm.. almost convince to buy the album now. I still like "to be gone"
totally convinced now: finally bought the album (the first one) and play it now on really HEAVY rotation. I do like EVERY track.
Down Desire Avenue ..

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

great to hear you're finally convinced Paul :D. I'm still listening to it very regularly as well. I still need to get the new album though; I will buy it when i'm back in scandinavia, probably in May; can't wait...
-I am a true Believer-

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

are all of the b-sides worth getting? i have the naked album of Somebody Outside but i've never listened to it :?

URGH there's a DUDE on the single mix of Lover's Dream?! gross.

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

GRR, I didn't see the latest AT album anywhere in Norway; not that i've been to many cd stores though, but i was counting on at least finding it at the -very good!- second hand music store in Laerdal. They also didn't have Emma Nordenstam there, but they did have Dynamite and ASCHE. Allthough i'd wanted a second copy of MOAC though...

The albums i did buy then were Bertine Zetlitz - Beautiful so Far and Rollerskating, William Orbit's modern pieces and Anja Garbarek's first album in Norwegian :D
-I am a true Believer-

Matt Butterfly
Kitchen

Re: Anna Ternheim

Post by Matt Butterfly »

I LOVE Anna Ternheim. She's my second favourite artist after Stina. She is also virtually unknown in the UK.

Amazingly clever written honest lyrics which are both memorable and deep, two perfect albums, beautiful unique voice (I love unique artists), she has great live perfromances, she knows how to keep her crowd fixated musically and emotionally, she has beautifully arranged instruments, individually different songs, she is a perfect musician.

She has exciting music especially "Separation Road" which is a timeless album that can be heard over and over and over again because you hear something new each time and the music does sound like it's from different decades which adds to it's timeless flavour:

For example, "Lovers Dream" sounds like it's from film noir.

"Girl Laying Down" sounds like it's from a Bond film.

"One To Blame" sounds like it belongs in an old washed out horror film with a horror creature such as nosferatu creeping behind a helpless victim.

There is not one song I prefer and there is not one song I don't love (a rariety because there is usually one song i don't like by an artist) and each song is different so you can identify individual tracks.

And if you are fortunate enough to have the limited edition of Separation Road then you'll be treated to a bonus 3rd album called "The Naked Versions" which features 3 acoustic versions of "Girl Laying Down", "Such A Lonely Soul" and "Lovers Dream" plus original tracks that sound once again completely different from her other stuff. My personal favourite on the 3rd album "Black Widow" has a sweet tropical forest feel to it, as sounds of the wind hitting leaves is heard as she plays her guitar next to a camp fire.

Unfortunately i've never gone to see her live because she dosen't tour the UK. When she eventually does, I'll snap those tickets up right away.

It's a shame, she hasn't toured here because she is a truly gifted, talented and exceptional artist. Those who are unaware of her are missing out. I can't tell you how many times i've listen to both studio albums.

She has an exciting, promising future ahead.

A Stina and Anna collabration would be a dream.

"And when she didn't seem
to listen at all
He said I'm getting wet
You held your part
Of the deal"

[followed by sounds of rain]

aermancer
Bathroom

Re: Anna Ternheim

Post by aermancer »

I've just got her new album with the one track CD extra, "Escape Into My Arms". I've only listened to that song so far but it's wonderful! It's a little bit Emilie Simon-ish. I highly recommend it. :D