Loose Tooth

Post your creations here
hollowcreature
Toilet

Loose Tooth

Post by hollowcreature »

Having recently started visiting this forum again, I thought I'd see if anyone cared to lend an ear to something of mine. I usually work on instrumental music these days, but this was a recent one-off collaboration with a vocalist. The song is called 'Loose Tooth' and can be heard here (no great Stina connection, although People Are Strange and Dynamite have definitely influenced my production style over the years...):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=milaxRCNuc4

It's also available from iTunes and Amazon. Any feedback welcome!

Cheers,
David

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Loose Tooth

Post by RobB »

I've been getting back into Moby recently and there are aspects of 'Loose Tooth' that reminds me of Moby's music....which is a good thing. Parts of it also reminded me of Tubular Bells part 1......you can probably guess which parts? I enjoyed the track overall and it didn't (like so many recordings) out stay its welcome either....its a good length. And I liked Steph's vocals......hopefully you will collaborate with her again.

hollowcreature
Toilet

Post by hollowcreature »

Hi Rob - thanks so much for the feedback! Steph had actually never done any writing or recording before (although she has experience singing in choirs/musical theatre), so I think it's a pretty great result and I'm sure there will be further collaborations, although my current work/family priorities mean that it will probably be quite a while.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen. :-)

Cheers,
David

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

I had missed this previously but I really like this track.... It has some kind of portishead vibes (which is a good thing). :mrgreen: