I am going out on boats
I am getting lost at sea
so honey don't you drop a tear
if you never hear from me

I am leaving in an airplane
I am never to be found
so dear don't say you were not warned
if I never come around
Last edited by daniel on Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

<i>for all those on the red list</i>

I brace myself, my little soul
I am the last of my species
the pinnacle of modernity
most my days are cracks and creases

the thought itself is too immense
I am the last of my kind
the moment is too big to grasp
its likeness hard to find

I always felt strange in your midst
the answer came on the red list
too late for help, haven't you heard?
there's no more time left in the world

some would pretend to hear my calls
some promised not to shy
I brace myself, my tiny life
there's only me under the sky

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

Wow ... it's been a while since I last painted.

Long Goes the Night, Longer the Day

larger image - This is actually my first comissioned painting. *squee!* I hope they like it. If they don't I could just as well keep it. I'm happy with how it turned out even though it's not really something I would have made for myself. It took me quite a while to paint, almost twice the amount of time I usually spend on a painting. Hmm ... what's it about? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for watching ... and caring.

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

I'm no painter so I can't really give any valuable suggestions. But I like it. It's a bit dark and gloomy with the red colour somehow adding some hope to it all. I like darkness and gloom. Especially when you know there's something to hope for.

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by sound world »

It's beautiful Daniel!! I'm trying to think of what it reminds of ...the style...but I can't remember.Anyway I really like it!! More!!
And how about some more paintings from that wonderful artist manqu?,Elforel? ^

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

Thank-yous all around! :D

So it's time for a new one.

The Field of Burning Crosses.

larger image I tried out some new dimensions 'cause I've wanted to do something more "panoramic" for a while now. I think it suits the motifs I've been thinking of lately. I don't get all that empty space to fill with sky. I actually came up with the title first and then yesterday I got the image in my head while in the shower. It's actually a great place to be inspired.

As usual I am very, very interested in what you think of it.

Thanks for caring.

gi_interrupted_rl
Hallway

Post by gi_interrupted_rl »

Heres what i think of the first one, Long Goes the Night. I'll try writing exactly what i think as i think of it so it may be a bit scattered, but it's the only way to be comepletly honest, as i like to be when it comes to art that strikes me (the few that do).

I see slavery, almost mindless slavery, monks working as drones toward a goal, they know not what. They only know blood is in the air and sweat and dirt at their feet. tho it appears to be in the evening with a beautiful red sunset, it has no beauty to them, they live with it night and day, it's always the same. It all makes me kind of depressed really. I don't know what kind of labour they exert themselves for, perhaps it's just treading the ground with their unseen sandles, the unlevel ground making it hard to do 24/7.
then again the sunset could be mountains and the horizon gold. but it still leaves a gloomy feeling.

As regards the second one, Feild of burning crosses

it seems obvious that it is a 'photograph' of the monks in the first painting. it seems they really were working for nothing, from a selfish point of veiw. what they did brought light to others and they just did it without thought, like the wheels of a clock. But when they died, the light ceased. the painting only shows what happened to them, it makes you wonder what about the rest of the world with no light? what happened to them when the light died with the workers? whether it this world or another...and what killed them, they seemed immortal.

thats what i see from an artists/poet's point of veiw.
may i ask what kind of canvas and paints you used of them daniel? i love the colours. hey, what do *you* think abou them yourself huh?

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

I've been thinking long and hard about your post ... It always amazes me how aspects of my work are so unknown to me and so obvious to others. I won't say you're wrong ... but here comes my take on them.

Long Goes the Night, Longer the Day: Archaelogical remains. A grave maybe. But there's no fear or death present. Rather that immense feeling of eternity that the knowledge of ancient civilisations give... communication through the ages. A message. And an infinite firmament. The passing of time. Did they know about us?

The Field of Burning Crosses: Earth. Mud. Post apocalyptical. Rebirth. Loneliness. Echoes. Injustice. Rage. Something happened here. The earth lives on without us.

ruth1998
Living room

Post by ruth1998 »

wow. i often forget how different people see things so differently, this is a great example. That's the great thing about art, there is no wrong point of veiw. The art leaves you and you alone to interpret it and bond with it in your own way, music, paintings..well just about anything. Thing is people sometimes feel they must force their p.o.v. on others, right or wrong. If the artists wants the art to be seen as something in particular, he'll just say it, if not he'll remain silent or ask opinions. It teaches you more about your own art when you find out how others see it, ya know? That's how i see it anyway. I have much more respect for artist that allow people to see things with their own eyes, but i admit sometimes if a point must be expressed, the artist must proclaim it. but sometimes it turns people off, they like to see it their way.

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

gi_interrupted_rl
Hallway

Post by gi_interrupted_rl »

So depressing Daniel. It kinda hurts abit.

I only hope you dont' feel this dark yourself....

I've always had a love for photagraphy, but I'd feel like i was having an affair, because music and words are my thing. The pictures awesomely chosen, they kind of strike you, in a very sad way along with the words. I'm sure you got thru to whoever sees/reads them what you wanted to. and depressed them too ;)

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

ruth1998
Living room

Post by ruth1998 »

Last edited by ruth1998 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-You can''t stop my heart from turning inside out.

basin21

Another 1

Post by basin21 »

Is everything like this these days?:lol: