[rec]

Watched a good movie?
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

[rec]

Post by RobB »

Watched [rec], the recent Spanish horror film, last night on dvd and very good it was too.

Shot in documentary style,the film follows a tv reporter and her cameraman as they spend a night with a local fire crew. Starting off at the local firehouse,they are soon called out to help a woman locked in her apartment but once in the apartment block,the firemen,local policeman,the other residents and tv crew are all locked in themselves after the authorities decide to quarantine the area.
And then all hell breaks loose as one by one,the trapped people become infected.

The swaying camera work makes for a giddying experience but it all makes for an exciting viewing experience.Anyone else seen it?
It must have been even more scary at the cinema.

alx5962
Bedroom

Re: [rec]

Post by alx5962 »

i saw it, and the end is so scary i had to hide my eyes :!:

it's a good movie, with shaking cameras like in Blairwitch project and LArs Von Trier movies :mrgreen:
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

We seem to share the same taste in films Alex even if no one else does? :mrgreen:

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

I like to watch movies, and I do so many times a week.
but I admit I dislike 90% of french movies as they are more boring than the most obscure Bergman's movies.
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

My favourite french film is definately 'Innocence' which is brilliant.
Mind you.i've only ever seen two french films,that and 'Amelie' which I also liked. :mrgreen:

picsou
Kitchen

Post by picsou »

alx5962 wrote:I like to watch movies, and I do so many times a week.
but I admit I dislike 90% of french movies as they are more boring than the most obscure Bergman's movies.

I'd say 99%! :lol:

picsou
Kitchen

Post by picsou »

RobB wrote: definately

What's that mean? :lol:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

picsou wrote:

Well,if I spelt it right,it means that 'Innocence' is definitely my favourite French film. :mrgreen:

picsou
Kitchen

Post by picsou »

RobB wrote:
picsou wrote:

Well,if I spelt it right,it means that 'Innocence' is definitely my favourite French film. :mrgreen:

Which movie is that?

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

picsou wrote:Which movie is that?
Its Lucile Hadzihalilovic's film of a few years ago. I think the description on the back of the dvd best sums up the film:

'At the heart of a densely wooded forest lies a mysterious girl's boarding school,cut off from the outside world by a great wall with no door. Within, a group of youngsters aged between seven and twelve gather round a small cioffin, from which emerges a new pupil, six-year old Iris. Led by the eldest girl, Bianca, Iris is introduced to this strange yet enchanting world of lamp-lit forest paths and eerie undergroud passageways, where there are no adults save for some elderly servents and two melancholy young teachers. But this haven is one from which the girls are forbidden to leave; those thatdo are never haerd from again. Haunting and bizarre, filmmaker Lucile Hadzihalalovic imbues 'Innocence' with a fairytale-like sense of menace and images of surreal beauty., creating a mesmerising and timeless evocation of childhood.'

ruth1998
Living room

Post by ruth1998 »

I think I saw 'Innocence" a while ago. I have to search out some clips to remember it, though. I remember books better than movies.

Anyone ever see 'Fando & Lis'? It's a rare movie from the late60's directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky. It's about a girl, paralysed from the waist down and a guy that go looking for the mythical city Tar. He pulls her on a cart, at times abandoning her and abusing her, always to return as if he missed her. I felt like I was on drugs watching it. Things happen...they make no sense...I'm so confused...

I'm so glad I found it. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

How strict are we here about posting youtube videos and links? I dont' wanna start any trouble....
-You can''t stop my heart from turning inside out.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

ruth1998 wrote:Anyone ever see 'Fando & Lis'?
I hav'nt seen it but it certainly sounds interesting.
It even caused a riot at its premier. :mrgreen:

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0061643/

ruth1998
Living room

Post by ruth1998 »

RobB wrote:
ruth1998 wrote:Anyone ever see 'Fando & Lis'?
I hav'nt seen it but it certainly sounds interesting.
It even caused a riot at its premier. :mrgreen:

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0061643/
I never did watch the DVD with the commentary on. I think I'll do that. exciting...
-You can''t stop my heart from turning inside out.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

There's another Jodorowsky film I'd like to see called 'The Holy Mountain'.A lot of amazing musicians worked on the score. Anyone ever seen it? I think he's one of those directors that always come up when 'cult' or bizarre movies get discussed.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

Holy mother of god, I watched this last night and it's been the first time since watching Inside (legendary French horror staring the darling Beatrice Dalle), where i have been scared to frigging death!

Jesus, the end bit, was like the Aphex Twin on crack!
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...