Trauma

Watched a good movie?
sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Trauma

Post by sound world »

But that will have come from Tarkovsky. All his films use water imagery constantly-it's usually raining. :mrgreen:
One of the best things about the Tarkovsky is the spacestation,which is exactly how a spacestation would really be that's been in space for ages-falling to bits,rusty,leaking,and the humans have made it even more funky.Plus I can't believe that an American remake can really be more poetic than Tarkovsky....but then I haven't seen the remake,although I have the S/T which was written by a couple of Beefheart's old alumni. ^

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:
RobB wrote:
K-Pax, Solaris, Heavenly Creatures,Innocence,Is-Slottet,The Cement Garden plus two you have just mentioned ,Jacob's Ladder and Memento,all are films that I just HAD to watch again as soon as they finished. :)
Seriously, I think you and me are brain-twins when it comes to movies, Rob - every single film you mentioned there is on my favourites list. :D
Well,we'd better quit whilst we're ahead otherwise I'm bound to mention a really good film title that you think is crap. :mrgreen:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Or vice-versa! :D

You even like 'Til Human Voices Wake Us', one of my favourite movies ever, which I just assumed no-one else had heard of/would be interested in. I think we should do a compare-and-contrast list one day. ^
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I'll have to have a look through all my dvds/videos and select a top 30. If you do the same it'll be interesting to see how many films appear on both lists. :)

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

I thought this was ok, I picked it up ex-rental on dvd of $6AUD. I actually expected it to be a bit better mainly as Marc Evan's other films are superb. Check out the fantastic film Snowcake, the film he followed Trauma with, it is brilliant and in my top 20 all time films. I also thoroughly enjoyed My Little Eye, by the same director, a very nasty and cutting attack on reality TV which really dissects the 'You like to watch' subtext of the ghastly TV/internet genre... ^
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...