Twin Peaks

Watched a good movie?
kuhn
Bedroom

Twin Peaks

Post by kuhn »

I watched the Season 1 DVD some time ago.

This series is still amazing!

And I still adore Audrey Horne played by Sherilyn Fenn. 8)

paulr
Living room

Post by paulr »

YEAHHH i love it.. my all time favourite series. saw it a million times!
I hope the season 2 dvd will arrive soon now :?
Down Desire Avenue ..

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

paulr wrote:YEAHHH i love it.. my all time favourite series. saw it a million times!
I hope the season 2 dvd will arrive soon now :?
I got season 2 of the net as avi-files.

Better than nothing, but I have yet to see a release date for season 2. :(

la mome neant
Hallway

Post by la mome neant »

I watched The Flinstones the other day and Kyle MacLahan (Special Agent Dale Cooper) plays in it! He plays the bad guy
Weird!

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

i've never watched Twin Peaks, but it had always intrigued me because of the mysterious story and of course the title track that i've always liked. So lately i've been watching the first episoded which were indeed fun to watch. And it's interesting that that X-Files maker Chris Carter was inspired by the series and that even David Duchovny has played a role in the second season i believe. Love to see that ;)
Do you guys also like the Twin Peaks movie, cause it was a lot more weird than the series. I also saw Mulholland Dr. and that's a movie that still puzzles me...

la mome neant
Hallway

Post by la mome neant »

wirbel wrote:even David Duchovny has played a role in the second season i believe. Love to see that ;)
YEAH! ! I almost forgot that!! haha!
He plays the role of an agent who dress up as a women to work, just like in Ed Wood's Glen or Glenda. I have a tape of this movie, and behind the first funny/odd impression, it's a very moving film, that shows very well the misunderstood director and the problem he may have encoutered by dressing like a woman.
The Twin Peaks movie, Fire walk with me, is one of my favorite. I've heard some of the TP fans have been denying it, and so was it in Cannes, but I really really love it. Better than the serie, and without the 1980's kitsch. Very funny sometimes, too. I made a 10 pages essay on it, for schcool, a few years ago.

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

I am also a huge fan of Twin Peaks and especially Fire Walk With Me (would love to read your essay sometime, la mome neant!). I think it adds so much power to the series and puts the emphasis back on Laura Palmer and all that she went through in her short life. Even by itself, it's one of my favorite films of all time.

For the past few weeks I've been getting together with five of my friends to watch one episode each week. One other person besides myself has seen the whole series, the rest had only seen a few episodes if any at all. I love love LOVE watching it with people who haven't seen it before! It's almost like I'm seeing it again for the first time, too.

I only have season 2 on low-quality VHS... it's too bad we have to sit here and wait and wait and wait. Who know if a season 2 DVD release will ever happen, but I sure hope so.

Also, when I'm done watching the series with my friends I'm going to make them wait AT LEAST a month before we watch Fire Walk With Me. I want them to absorb the series and not be too hung up on 'What happened to Cooper?" when we watch it! I think that's why so many people disliked it when it was first released.

la mome neant
Hallway

Post by la mome neant »

Angie wrote:(would love to read your essay sometime, la mome neant!).
hum, do you read french?? [angel]
I bought the Laura Palmer Secret Diary in a garage sale a few months ago, read the first chapter, found the style and writing incredibly bad and boring, and offered it to a biggest TP fans than me.
But i'm still quite happy to find it because it is sold out for a long time here.

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

hum, do you read french?? [\quote]

Uh, not really, but it might be fun to try!

I bought the Laura Palmer Secret Diary in a garage sale a few months ago, read the first chapter, found the style and writing incredibly bad and boring, and offered it to a biggest TP fans than me.
But i'm still quite happy to find it because it is sold out for a long time here.
I think it's an interesting read, but maybe read separate from the series rather than as a companion to it. Did you know that it was written by David Lynch's daugher?

la mome neant
Hallway

Post by la mome neant »

I think it's an interesting read, but maybe read separate from the series rather than as a companion to it. Did you know that it was written by David Lynch's daugher?[/quote]

I knew! Basically, I was mainly disapointed by the fact that she's a girl, but Laura's "teenage emotions" (sounds clumsy, what a lack of vocabulary) weren't very well depicted. oh, well...

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by sound world »

Reading 'The Secret Diary' nearly put me off TP altogether.I read it at the same time as the series was first showing,and I just found it a gratuitous cash-in,badly written as you say,Mome.
I also thought the second series was contrived,getting too ridiculous.But the first series was tremendous.
But I reckon 'Mulholland drive' is far better than anything else he's done-a logical,humanistic development of TP.It's one of the most moving films i've ever seen.

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

News from the Twin Peaks Gazette:

"Looks like Region 2 might be seeing Season 2 of Twin Peaks later this year from Paramount. The good news is that since Paramount once again owns the rights to Twin Peaks, and is making season 2 available for Region 2, Region 1 (the US) may also see Twin Peaks Season 2 around the same time or soon after. There's no definite information regarding this but this does seem to the logical conclusion."

Who knows, they've been saying stuff like this for years, but let's hope it really happens this time!

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

Anyone also interested in the other David Lynch movies? I heard he's working on a new project.

I really like Lost Highway and Mullholland Drive. Although I don't the clue... if there even is one. :roll:

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

i've recently seen the first episodes of season 2; i'm downloading some at a time... they're hard to get.. but i really like it so far; and i believe the solution to the murder is gonna be early on in this season :)
i think they should bring it out on dvd soon!
I did watch Mulholland Dr. once but didn't understand it really; where's the clue indeed... maybe you have to watch it again.
-I am a true Believer-

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

Paul, I haven't read much about the new project yet, but I know that it's called Inland Empire and that Harry Dean Stanton and Laura Dern are in it.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I didn't enjoy Mulholland Drive as much as other people did, but I really love Lost Highway. After rereading this thread I thought I'd also mention that my friends project of watching an episode a week died down over the summer because everyone was so busy... we have I think only 8 or 9 episodes left. Hopefully we can remember what was going on and pick up where we left off sometime soon. Even though Season Two drags a bit, I keep telling them that it's worth it for the last episode!