I think this board is haunted...

Talk about everything here
d.a.walker
Bathroom

Re: I think this board is haunted...

Post by d.a.walker »

I always loved the night vigil section of the show when the make-up lady and the other women on the team would go and sit in a dark room and scream, swear and cry at absolutely nothing!!! Sort of like a hen's night without a stripper. :lol:

Derek, used to be a pro football player. Obviously had a lot of head injuries back in the day. He is TV gold though, even Dawn French has taken the piss out of him!!

My favourite has to be Yvette going stark raving hysterical and crying nearly every single episode. Did you ever watch her eyes through the episode? You could always tell she was building up to a wobbler as they would get bigger and bigger and bigger....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Yvette is hilarious, how she keeps from cracking up sometimes is beyond me. Did you notice in the 'Mary loves Dick!' clip how she had her hand over her mouth as Acorah rambled on afterwards, she was clearly trying desperately not to burst out laughing. :D :D

Mind you, she can be a naughty little faker herself ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Ansjr8 ... re=related

Her hand is moving in the direction the glass goes! I love how she says 'is that moving, or is it me?' Yes love, it's you. :D :D
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

d.a.walker wrote:I always loved the night vigil section of the show when the make-up lady and the other women on the team would go and sit in a dark room and scream, swear and cry at absolutely nothing!!! Sort of like a hen's night without a stripper. :lol:
The one that made me die was the camera guy, the one with the long shaggy hair, when he patently threw himself to the floor and then claimed that 'something' had knocked him over. He had to be carted off to 'recover from the shock.' 8)
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

My friends, how's everyone doing? Haven't been around in a while myself, the summer holidays are getting closer and it's time to give some signs of life.
I'm doing better. The past month my little one has gone through growing teeth, bellyflu, bad cold and chicken pox ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ) but he finally got ever everthing and after almost 9 months it lookes like he's finally learning to sleep consistently through the night, I can't believe it :shock: :shock: ^ ^
At work is going well, I finally got the promotion I've been waiting for in the past two years and, although I know it means more stress and more hours, I am sure I can make it, I need to achieve something at work regardless of the matter if I love this job or not, and I definitely need a boost in the salary dept! :shock: :wink:
One of our cats has escaped from the garden and we haven't really recovered yet, that's the really sad note, anyone with cats will understand the agony [b)] [b)] [:xx] We're busy trying to choose another cat, we need company, the other cat too.
And a big hug to everyone [akiss] [akiss] [akiss] [akiss]
"Superero' le correnti gravitazionali, lo spazio e la luce per non farti invecchiare. Ti salvero' da ogni malinconia, perche' sei un essere speciale ed io avro' cura di te ... Io si', che avro' cura di te" F.Battiato

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by sound world »

Lovely to hear from you,yrwitch,and it looks like things are on the up for you,good!
Before you know it,your tiny tots will be surly teenagers,so make the most of it!
And congratulations on making the first post by anybody here for about two weeks..... :( .A far cry from the Barbie/CQD days.I really think Stina has retired,in a way that only Stina could,backing away.

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

Well, I didn't have a job nor a family and I still lived with my parents at the time of the barbie board, of course I had plenty more time! :I :I Even so, I've waited to be really in a more positive moment to contribute something, I whine enough in private already :wink: :I I will try to see if I can come back more often from now on, until the holidays for sure.
"Superero' le correnti gravitazionali, lo spazio e la luce per non farti invecchiare. Ti salvero' da ogni malinconia, perche' sei un essere speciale ed io avro' cura di te ... Io si', che avro' cura di te" F.Battiato

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Indeed, 2008 is no 2001

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

Hallo everyone! What are you up to these days? I'm enjoying some holidays in France at the moment, Normandy is very beautiful, too bad the french people we met so fare weren't particularly friendly :( . Countdown started already, uff, I can't think of when I will be closed in the office again. A big hug to all of you. :D

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Hi Sara,I'm just off to Cornwall for a couple of days,then coming back to watch more Olympic table tennis! Life is OK with me.Pity this board is so dead....

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

I'm still here, just very very busy. My radio work is now consuming a huge amount of my time, and coupled with me sinking every ounce of strength into an album proper (yeah it's about 8th time lucky or something shitty like that), which I'm really excited about as it's me, a piano, masses of percussion and minimal drums, and no electronica. I'm not even aiming to have it ready for a good year yet. But I rarely get online to do anything that takes longer than a minute! My days are very very long, starting at 6am and going right into the night. I've just been whittling 50+ songs down to 10. Itunes should have a couple of my albums (Out Of Breath and Deadwaves) by the end of this year, and a third by the middle of next (Cold Chemistry). I've set up a good distribution deal within Australia, and if that pays off I may be able to secure outside releases too.

I'm still going to put together a Stina cover, which will either be Trainsurfing, Almost A Smile or Now That Your Leaving. Speaking of covers, I'm also doing a cover of Kim Wilde's Never Trust A Stranger as an internet bonus track when the above album is done and dusted. It won't resemble the original. :lol:

I wish I could put more time into the board, and I do read when I can, but I feel like a vegetable come weekends, when I occasionally get a break!!!!
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Hey all !

Currently on holidays at home before leaving for a little week to the southwest of France (Aveyron to be precise) on real holidays...

I try not to do anything which is hard, I've plenty of work waiting for me... but hey, it's holidays, so enjoy and think about nothing annoying. Well, trying to.

About French people Sara, a shame you met unpleasant ones, you do know there are friendly others waiting for you at different places. And for next year, let me suggest you burgundy for your family ^ 8)

Daniel, good to hear you have opportunities for distribution of your works, it's getting so hard these days. And courage for your new album ! :wink:

On my side, I hope to tour a little during this autumn in France and sell some (unfortunately still) homemade CDs...
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)