Twitter

Talk about everything here
alx5962
Bedroom

Twitter

Post by alx5962 »

As this social network is more and more popular, does anyone here is member of it ?
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Twitter

Post by sound world »

Not here.I actually loathe everything about Web2 or whatever it's called; I find all this social networking and vacuous backslapping to be egregiously false.'Friends',my arse.But then I'm old and old-fashioned-I hate mobile phones/bad grammar and spelling etc too.I'm much happier on a forum and using the net as a big library/encyclopaedia.
:! Maybe I should change my username to 'Grumpy old man' :mrgreen:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote: Maybe I should change my username to 'Grumpy old man' :mrgreen:
I think you're being way too hard on yourself there, Dave. :)
How about Grumpy old git'? :mrgreen:

I'm always way behind with the various fads and have only just got up to speed with Facebook. :mrgreen:
So,i'm on facebook and myspace but thats it. I spend too much time on the internet as it is. I took a friend out for lunch today and thats the kind of contact I like,conversing with a real person across a table. 8)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Nope. Not remotely interested in Facebook, Myspace or Twitter. These days I find the 'social' aspect of the Internet all but irrelevant to my life. I don't even post in any of the forums I used to be involved in, apart from this one. Like Dave I seem to be using the 'net mainly for research now. My time on the laptop is mostly taken up with writing, these days.

I'd be quite happy having a little daily chat/catch-up with you lot, though. We don't do that, and it's a pity. I feel like our little group has all but drifted apart, now.

In fact, I'm going to start a general daily-catch-up thread where we can pop in and just say hello to each other - doesn't have to be about a particular topic, just a 'hi, here's what I've been doing / what are you up to' thread. :wink:
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Apart from the seeking of infomation,the internet is a terrible time waster without a doubt. :mrgreen:

I like your idea Beth (and i'll keep my time wasting to a minimum :wink: ).....I'll await its appearence. :)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

It's up now Rob, I've started off with some ramblings about my day. I hope everyone will join in. ^
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...