Happy Christmas!

Talk about everything here
sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Happy Christmas!

Post by sound world »

I read the first few posts of this thread assuming they must have been posted today, until I read 'hope you had a good birthday Franck, must be funny having it on Xmas day' which totally threw me for a moment.

Well we're off to dullsville (Northampton) for a day or two until my family have sent me stark staring bonkers, and then back here briefly before joining about ten other families for a New Year in Wales.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Woohoo, Christmas Eve! *dances*

Little short shift at work today, then I'm going to get presents and food shopping (just got paid today, although frankly I tend to get everything at the last minute anyway), then home and I'm not going out again till tomorrow. I love Christmas Eve, I think it's actually my favourite day - I'll put my tree up later whilst listening to Midwinter Graces, possibly have a little warming alcoholic beverage or two ..... ^

Don't know if I'll get a chance to post tomorrow as I'm out all day, so have a great time everyone wherever you are and whatever you're doing! Merry Christmas! 8)
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Happy christmas everyone. I'm going to have dinner with my two sisters and their kids on saturday. Sunday we'll be leaving for a familygathering organized by the parents of my boyfriend. So I'm sure I won't be hungry :mrgreen:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:
blue wrote:Well I have to say, I enjoyed my Christmas alone so much that I've more or less decided to do it every year from now on.
Ha, little did I know my daughter would be expecting in February! So for little Rocco's first Christmas I will be going to Kate's and braving the company of his other grandmother, at least for a couple of hours. :wink:
Ah yes, the difference a year can make. I hope you have a lovely time. :)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Well we're off to dullsville (Northampton) for a day or two until my family have sent me stark staring bonkers,
Well, thats upset all our Stina fans from Northampton. :D
Have a good time Dave,there and in Wales.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

pgss wrote:Sunday we'll be leaving for a familygathering organized by the parents of my boyfriend. So I'm sure I won't be hungry :mrgreen:
Why, are you planning on eating them? :shock: :wink:
We'll have to start calling you CannibalPaul......or Cannipaul. :D

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

Just read this on twitter :
I love Jesus. He's born, I get presents. He dies, I get chocolate.
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

alx5962 wrote:Just read this on twitter :
I love Jesus. He's born, I get presents. He dies, I get chocolate.

Bwahaha. :D :D :D

Gosh it was manic in town today, I feel like I've been running around non-stop. Just taken my brothers' presents down to my mother's house, so with that safely done I can now relax and forget all about the world outside. ^

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

My shop was quite quiet today....certainly quieter than for a normal Friday.....Beth, next year send some of your mania my way. :D

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

You're welcome to it, Rob. :D

Our shop was hectic during my shift, we were on approaching £2000 in takings when I left. I then went to Boots, HMV, Wilkies and Sainsburys and they were all heaving with people getting stuff at the last minute, I have a feeling lots of people just got paid today, same as me. I was so glad to get home, out of the madness.

I was supposed to have five days off in a row now, but due to a massive barney between my two colleagues this afternoon, I'm now working as normal from Boxing Day, unless my newer colleague who is the source of all the stress decides to come back. Quite honestly I hope he doesn't, I'll happily work every hour god sends if it means he's gone for good. :roll:

Can't wait to see my little Rocco tomorrow in his Santa outfit. :D

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Because of the snow and ice a lot of folk hadn't received their internet orders by the last postal delivery on Christmas Eve so were having to dash out to do last minute present buying for their friends and relatives. :D

I suppose when the gifts do turn up after Christmas they'll just keep them for themselves? :wink:

Hope you don't have to work Boxing Day Beth,it would have been nice to have had an uninterupted holiday break.

Happy Birthday Franck.....hope you're having a great day. ^

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

It's Christmas!!

Not long woken up, and I have a zinger of a headache which I think is a reaction to all the rushing about and stress at work yesterday. :D I'm just having a cup of tea before starting on my cooking, I'm making the meal for Kate and I and taking it over there. Her partner's mum is making the traditional turkey meal for herself and her son, so between them Kate and Riccardo are not having to do any cooking at all. Not daft, are they? :D

I still have to wrap their presents too. Best get on. Have a great day everyone, and Happy Birthday Franck!! [bday]

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Merry Christmas everyone! ^

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Merry Christmas to everyone! [bday]

And thank you for the birthday, it was a nice one! 8) ^

Last 24 hours, I ate good things, drove the car on the snow, sometimes funny but not at 3am on steep little roads, and finishing on foot to home...

Hope yours were good also.

Nice to see a little more people in here :wink:
Sorry for my lack of update by the way, I've been pretty occupied these last months...
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Bit late, but Merry Christmas all and happy birthday Franck!!