One Foot In The Grave

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

One Foot In The Grave

Post by RobB »

'One Foot In The Grave' has always been one of my very favourite tv comedies with The Beast In The Cage probably being my favourite episode.

Here's a YouTube clip of the last 10 minutes which is just wonderfully funny, inventive and at times thought provoking.

sound world
Bedroom

Re: One Foot In The Grave

Post by sound world »

Brilliant.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Of course Victor Meldrew was based on us, eh Dave? :mrgreen:

Still not sure how the driver making that mobile call knew the salon owners number though? :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Hehe, love it. :D

He's from my hometown, you know, although you wouldn't think it to hear him talking all posh and Englified on the telly.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I'm always taken by surprise when i hear David Tennant speaking with a scottish accent.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Did you ever see 'Tutti Frutti'? -one of my favourite serials to be shown on TV.
Richard Wilson had an impenetrable Scots accent on that as Mr. Clockerty, the band's manager.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

By coincidence i saw Richard being interviewed on tv yesterday about his part is a film about Merlin.
He's starting to show his age a little bit now but he hasn't really changed that much since his OFITG days.

I never watched Tutti Fruitti but i do remember Richard as Dr Thorpe in Only When I Laugh.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

'Tutti Frutti' is brilliant, I think it was you who sent me it Dave? :?:

Richard Wilson spoke with his real Greenock accent in that, which is why it was impenetrable to your English ear. When I go back home even I can't understand a bloody word for the first couple of days, till my ear gets used to it again.

I must see if I can find a clip of 'Sweet Sixteen' on youtube, the film that Ken Loach made in my hometown some years ago. When it was released on DVD it had an option for English subtitles. :D

*eta*

Here's the opening sequence of 'Sweet Sixteen', which tells the story of a jobless youngster in Greenock trying to earn enough money to buy his mother a place to live down by the river:

Very bleak film but with some typically Greenockian comic moments - 'right yous, Simon and Garfunkel, oot!' :D
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...