Let it snow, let it snow, let it.....

Talk about everything here
blue
Bedroom

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it.....

Post by blue »

RobB wrote: hmmm.....Beth,you do realise that you're only one short step from being our resident train (or bus) spotter don't you? :wink:
:D :D

My apologies Rob, I was bloody fuming seeing all these buses going out as normal to towns that are 20 miles away when we all had to sit freezing our butts off waiting an hour for a bus to a local estate. Completely ridiculous, and I am not doing it again - I think I'm just going to ring in and say I can't come in to work this evening, it's snowing again here which undoubtedly means they'll cancel the buses altogether. I'm not walking into work and back again tonight. :evil:
Yesterday at my shop i was telling everyone that we were in for heavy snow showers this morning (courtesy of the BBC weather forecast of yesterday morning).......instead its relatively mild and dry with a thaw under way. :I
I won't mention the weather again i think. :wink:
You might be proved right yet, Rob, the day is young. :D
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote: Meanwhile it's Winter Wonderland here still, so whether (weather?) we get that far is an interesting question. I hope so, because Robin and I have worked really hard on a shadow show for my family's Xmas present-made a booth (looks great), made a soundtrack, made dozens of puppets, rigged up a fancy lighting system with 4 lights, made special FX etc etc.
After all that work i hope you'll be able to make the trip. If not,perhaps you can video the performance and share it with everyone on YouTube? It sounds like its deserving of a wider audience than just your family. :)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote: I think I'm just going to ring in and say I can't come in to work this evening, it's snowing again here which undoubtedly means they'll cancel the buses altogether. I'm not walking into work and back again tonight. :evil:
I don't blame you. No job is worth risking your health and safety,especially when its late at night as well.
My manager left a couple of hours early yesterday becasue she didn't want to drive home in the countryside in the dark in snowy conditions.
She said they can just dock her pay because she had no intention of staying til closing time.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

I don't blame her at all Rob, I was willing to sacrifice the few hours pay yesterday to stay home. I did end up going in because I managed to get a bus within ten minutes of going out to wait, I'd said to my boss if I had to wait any longer than that I'd be returning home.

I was supposed to be going out for a meal with my friend last night but it turned into a takeaway. Amazingly some places were still delivering!
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

RobB wrote:
sound world wrote: Meanwhile it's Winter Wonderland here still, so whether (weather?) we get that far is an interesting question. I hope so, because Robin and I have worked really hard on a shadow show for my family's Xmas present-made a booth (looks great), made a soundtrack, made dozens of puppets, rigged up a fancy lighting system with 4 lights, made special FX etc etc.
After all that work i hope you'll be able to make the trip. If not,perhaps you can video the performance and share it with everyone on YouTube? It sounds like its deserving of a wider audience than just your family. :)

Not quite at the YouTube stage yet, but we're filming the whole thing slowly.
Meanwhile Robin has made a short-and very funny- trailer for our shadow show.
NB 'Wooster' is one of our pet names for our family dog. And yes, Robin has a different surname to me, but he is my son!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1142887/A%20Lit ... Winter.m4v

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

The link doesn't seem to be working Dave although there is an attempt to download....anyone else having problems?

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Just let it load up and it will play in due course-takes few minutes.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Well, i did get something this time round........a QuickTime(?) logo on what looks like a torn negative,in the middle of a white screen. Hmmm....i think i'll wait for the YouTube premier. :mrgreen:

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

the video montage is epic! it's like a trailer for a big budget action movie (and music helps a lot !) so that's great work ! I'm impatient to see the whole movie.

On a side note, I think it's a bit granular sometimes (but I know video recording in thedark is not easy at all) but as it's a preview i'm sure it will look much nicer later :D

About the quicktime problem, just download the video first then open it directly (not in the browser so) with a decent movie player, like VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/).
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Thanks Alex but i'm naturally loathed to download anything onto my pc when its working perfectly as it is. I always think there's a chance any addition will upset the balance of its set-up.

I might download an update of QuickTime though as the one installed is no doubt well out of date.

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

RobB wrote:Thanks Alex but i'm naturally loathed to download anything onto my pc when its working perfectly as it is. I always think there's a chance any addition will upset the balance of its set-up.

I might download an update of QuickTime though as the one installed is no doubt well out of date.
updating apple shittime may help for sure :D
but I really do advice VLC to anyone else who have problems with video playback as it's free and has lots of codecs integrated in it so it plays almost any video or audio files (including dvd files).
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light