Dynamite reviews

Talk about everything here
Hygge
Toilet
anti-spam: No

Dynamite reviews

Post by Hygge »

I once had a Q magazine that had an ad for the Dynamite album. It had many quotes from other reviews about the album. But then I was cleaning out my house and threw the magazine away. Does anyone have that ad? Can you type out the quotes from reviews on that ad? Does anyone have reviews for the dynamite album that they can scan for all us to see? I am curious to read more about that album. It has always beenher most difficult and I want to read other journalist opinions about the album. Thanks!!

RobB
Bedroom

Re: Dynamite reviews

Post by RobB »

This is frustrating because I can visualize the advert you mean and I'm sure I've seen it fairly recently. But having looked through my pile of Q mags for the last quarter of 1996,I can't find a single copy from that period. :(

I'm almost certain it was on the back cover as well. I'll keep looking.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Take a look at this thread, from when I got the Dyn. video. On the back of the box are various quotes:-

http://desireavenue.free.fr/phpbb3/view ... 982#p18982

Hygge
Toilet

Post by Hygge »

RobB:

I believe the ad was in the 1997 year issues of Q, not 1996. I still have my Q review of Dynamite (I think Nov or Dec 1996). Bt I recall the ad was in the year 1997 - so maybe Jan 1997, or Feb, March of 1997?

I'm so pissed I threw that copy away that featured the ad! - Why did I do that??

If you can find it, thanks - let us know!

And thanks Soundworld for the link - those were indeed the quotes from the ad!!

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Can you remember who was on the cover?

Just had another look through my Q mags and I only have one edition from 1987 (June) and it wasn't in that one.
I'm really at a loss over where I remember seeing that advert. :?

adwardrob
Toilet

Post by adwardrob »

Dynamite is a nice album,,, i have but my friend borrow from me and not return me yet ...

:dance: :violin:
adward

Elforel
Living room
Location: Somewhere between the ground and the sky (Beijing, China)

Post by Elforel »

Now this is fascinating... I remember that ad very very very well, although that was a very long time ago.
I saw it in this very same magazine in a library when I lived in Sweden.
One of these reviews compared her to Björk and Tricky -who were then my absolute heroes- and...that's how I discovered STINA.
Quite emotional to think we have seen the same piece of paper...and that it was the beginning of my love story with Stina's music.
Blog:blog.foukography.com
"Mieux vaudrait apprendre a faire l'amour correctement plut?t que s'abrutir sur un livre d'histoire." B.Vian