Yay, off to...! :-)

Talk about everything here
sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by sound world »

Happy holidays Wirbel...Norway!(envy envy)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Hubby and I can't agree on where to go or what to do this year, so as yet nothing's booked. He wants to go on one of these horse-riding holidays, but as I have patiently explained to him more than once, if God had meant me to sit on a horse he'd have made me not terrified of horses. :roll: :wink:

I'd like to just go somewhere by the water for a couple of weeks, nice little cottage on the coast, which according to him is boring. :?

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Elizabeth,
never fear,Rob comes to the rescue with the perfect compromise! 8)

........how about a donkey ride on Blackpool beach? :lol:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Well exactly.:D Doesn't he go horseriding at home? it's your turn! I don't remember any coastline in your neck of the woods.

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

A nice little cottage on the coast is so romantic !
Eliza just tell him I can join you if he doesn't want to go there :D
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

We will be off to Italy in less than 2 weeks, from the 13th of July to the 4th of August. My sister hasn't met my baby yet and my dad hasn't seen him in 6 months. We'll pass two of the three weeks weeks in a rent house, near the sea in Tuscany, and close to all medieval centres. I hope we will survive!
"Superero' le correnti gravitazionali, lo spazio e la luce per non farti invecchiare. Ti salvero' da ogni malinconia, perche' sei un essere speciale ed io avro' cura di te ... Io si', che avro' cura di te" F.Battiato

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

We're taking the last week of term off to go to a cottage in Pembrokeshire.I got the cottage from a promises auction as a birthday present for my partner.What she doesn't know is that her oldest friend is also coming,special surprise!!
I've never been to Pembrokeshire,everyone says it's great.

Otherwise,in the actual summer hols,we don't seem to be holidaying.I'm teaching at a singing camp for ten days (where everyone camps) but it's not really a holiday...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:I'm teaching at a singing camp for ten days (where everyone camps) but it's not really a holiday...
So what are you teaching then,Dave? :wink:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Um,singing? :O (camping can't be taught,just experienced :D )
I've set aside some time this week to write some four-part arrangements (I'm supposed to be teaching some jazz/blues songs).
I've now got this cool Midi device which means I can plug my keyboard into the comp,play some stuff and it gets instantly printed as music.Fantastic!! Saves a LOT of sweat (and RSI from writing).
Actually I've been thinking of arranging the Pearl and Dean theme you get for the adverts in the movies, for a laugh.We could sing it inbetween other peoples' numbers [:o]

x31eq
Kitchen

Post by x31eq »

I'm here in Keynsham for the summer. I could go somewhere exotic but I lost money on the last job so I'm feeling a bit thrifty.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Rob - nice idea, still rather too equine for me. :D

Alex - I'll bear that in mind. 8)

Dave - yes he does horse-ride at home too, he loves the damn things. I think he really just wants me to learn, but there's no point because I go into a panic when I get near horses. Did I ever tell you about how I was trapped in a field for hours on holiday when I was a kid, because a horse stood on my foot and threatened to bite me every time I tried to get away? :shock: Yes I know it's hilarious, but I'm sorry, I'm still traumatised!! *cries*

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

My girlfriend has a phobia of anything that flutters near her,.....birds, moths, or butterflies just send her into a blind panic,especially if a butterfly gets into the same room that she's in.

No doubt she had a bad experience in early childhood but she must have been really young as she has no memory of having had any bad experiences.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

elizabeth wrote:Dave - yes he does horse-ride at home too, he loves the damn things. I think he really just wants me to learn, but there's no point because I go into a panic when I get near horses. Did I ever tell you about how I was trapped in a field for hours on holiday when I was a kid, because a horse stood on my foot and threatened to bite me every time I tried to get away? :shock: Yes I know it's hilarious, but I'm sorry, I'm still traumatised!! *cries*
Doesn't sound hilarious at all,I'm not surprised you have a fear of them.Not all horses are docile and loyal-I know,I've worked with a few.And things in childhood become massively magnified in importance.
I'd have thought that for a couple of weeks Dom could rein in (haha) his passion for all things equine,and then it'll be more special when he gets home again. :?:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

I'm sure he could, but then I'd have the pleasure of feeling for two weeks as if I've ruined his holiday. :?

I really have no desire to stop him doing what he wants to do, I just don't want to do it myself. I've thought about suggesting we both do our own thing, but then no doubt that would end up with the usual discussion about how 'independent' I am. [l)]

It's a minefield at times, all this domestic stuff, innit? :D

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

You can say that again!
If you go to Weymouth beach,as well as donkeys,they have those bucking bronco machines he could have a go on while you do the sun and sand bit [:o]

Seriously it's very hard,all this 'independence' stuff,eh.I have the same problem.It's difficult to strike a balance without being either completely selfish or completely self-sacrificing,like those little guys who trail round after their wives doing clothes shopping :D