The reason why this board is dying

Talk about everything here
St. Francis
Hallway

The reason why this board is dying

Post by St. Francis »

Because there is a definite 'clique' here and you are all beyond communication.

Sorry to be so brutal but I am sick to death of the arrogance displayed here and the superiority and insane level of pretentiousness portrayed. I won't be back, as will a lot of other people.

If only a few of you want to talk to each other and ignore everyone else then off you go, you've done a good job, CQD worked because there was a variety of people.

So long and goodbye, I have had enough.

daniel.
"I was the lead in the orphan choir, where I sang with all my might, until I grew up too high..."

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

???

I don't understand a word on what you're talking about...
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

I don't feel left out really, and i've been new on this board since CQD died. Why always put the blame on others, when you have to make something work by starting by oneself. I think there's always been very good feedbacks and sometimes lacking a bit, but then that's probably because there's not too many regular users..

Let's keep our hopes up and all help to make this board a happy place for Stina fans to meet. remember: The World is Saved.. ^

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

I don't understand either. I only had time to post like 2 times on CQD before it ended so I wasn't part of no "clique" and ever since this forum opened I've felt very welcome.

Sure it's not as active as other forums I'm in ... but come on. Peple have lives. At least I do.

When you say "beyond communication" ... what exactly do you mean? Communication goes both ways you know.

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by sound world »

Like Alx,I'm mystified by Daniel's post.Clique? Rather the opposite,I'd have said.Hardly anyone posting anything,and certainly very little chat which might indicate a clique forming.As to pretentious and superior,I really have no idea what Daniel means-perhaps you could give a few examples,Daniel.I can't see what anyone would have to feel 'superior' about with regard to a forum about Stina.
Perhaps you feel peeved that nobody much went onto your Stina forum.I hope not.I stuck with it until you took it down.
I think the truth may lie elsewhere-1) Stina/her management and support team are in a complete trough and can't resolve her fear of publicity,so that forums like this get no official support or recognition 2)some of the ex-members of CQD are sick of this and so couldn't be bothered to flog a dead horse (eg Duncan,myself partly)3)many of the ex-members of CQD who put in the majority of posts-RobB,Bluesy,Elfy,Sara for example-have other more important things going on in their lives like relationship,marriage etc 4) other multiple posters from CQD have fallen by the wayside or have given up because of lack of interest-I'm guessing this may be the case with Angie,Spook,Coral.
And lastly,I think it's because when any of us posts something and nobody follows it up,we get disheartened.

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

Well, I just added a link to this forum on Stina's Wikipedia page so maybe we can attract some new people. Let's hope. :)

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

sound world makes some good points.

And: The forum has been almost completely dead the whole summer.

For example, the Stina discussion forum has since the start been rather inactive - despite the "new" album. No discussion about any of the songs. I can understand why, after the CQD closure - I lost interest in the CD myself as well.... [:xx]

If this has anything to do with the "I'm an artist honey, get me out of here! -" - I, speaking on my own behalf, often forget to check it out, and I would suggest that and the Cinema forum should be included in the "I'm feeling talkative" directory.

[One can't assume people don't care only because they don't reply - or read - everything.]

The forum is nevertheless suffering from the beforesaid lack of recognition and communication with what's going on in the Stina world.

I find it strange that Stina's managment doesn't tell the forum about happenings like the art exhibition or if Stina is recording anything. This has to do with Stina's work, not her private life.

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

daniel wrote:Well, I just added a link to this forum on Stina's Wikipedia page so maybe we can attract some new people. Let's hope. :)
Wikipedia is gaining popularity, so it's a wise move. ^

pgss
Bedroom

Re: The reason why this board is dying

Post by pgss »

St. Francis wrote:Because there is a definite 'clique' here and you are all beyond communication.
I agree on the 'beyond communication'. There hasn't been any communication in the last month. But that has nothing to do with being a 'clique'. I do have private contact with some members of this board, but that's all done outside this board through email.
St. Francis wrote:Sorry to be so brutal but I am sick to death of the arrogance displayed here and the superiority and insane level of pretentiousness portrayed.
Sorry to be so brutal but you are a bit of a dramaqueen.
St. Francis wrote:So long and goodbye, I have had enough.
I remember a certain Lacuna leaving this way also. Maybe it is time to stick your opinion. Sorry to be so rude but these kind of opinions, unfunded with good and reasonable arguments to proof them, make me really angry. [fire]

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

wirbel wrote:I don't feel left out really, and i've been new on this board since CQD died.
I'm glad you feel this way Harry. Because you - like any other member - are more than welcome here.
wirbel wrote:I think there's always been very good feedbacks and sometimes lacking a bit, but then that's probably because there's not too many regular users..
Couldn't agree more. And the regulars are not spending their time here because of some double feelings about the demise of CQD. Besides that The World Is Saved haven't become the success we expected it to be.

If you ask me Stina Nordenstam's musical career is on a dead end.
As this board is surrounded mainly around her, this board is also. We'll just have to wait to see what the future brings.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

sound world wrote:As to pretentious and superior,I really have no idea what Daniel means .... I can't see what anyone would have to feel 'superior' about with regard to a forum about Stina.
I can see what Daniel is getting at, although I'd characterise it a bit differently. For me it's a kind of po-faced, humourless element, with a dash of wannabe-arty pretension thrown in. It's no fun here. And I really believe that the atmosphere we had on the older boards, the sense of camaraderie and humour, was what kept us together as a group. We refuted in a rather delightful way the expectations that an observer might have for 'fans of Stina Nordenstam's music'.

If we're being invited to give our thoughts on the situation, I have to say that, with the greatest respect for what Paul and Kuhn and Alex have valiantly tried to build here, that unique atmosphere we had as a community has been lost since the demise of CQD. I have my thoughts on 'why'. But the point is, with the earnest, Stina-is-my-goddess element that exists here at present, the image presented to an observer is entirely what he might expect from her music and communication style; a sad, pretentious remnant of sour-faced Stina fanboys. And really, those of us with a bit of life to us, a bit of rumbustiousness and humour and joie de vivre, end up thinking 'what's the point of being here?' I know I just don't want to be around people that I can't have a giggle with. I can't bear humourless people. :V

sound world wrote:Perhaps you feel peeved that nobody much went onto your Stina forum.I hope not.I stuck with it until you took it down.
I think Daniel tried to provide an alternative because he sensed that there were these two distinct elements already in the CQD camp - the sourpuss Stina worshippers and those like himself and me and a few others who adore Stina's music, but don't have a goddess-complex about the artist, and whose primary aim in chatting to each other is to have a laugh and share things beyond the world of Stina Nordenstam. Personally I felt much more at home with Daniel's sensibility; I joined this place eventually out of a sense of loyalty to Paul and the others from the old board, but in future I'd rather just keep in touch with them personally.

Daniel now has a board up and running which is centred around his own music, with wide scope to discuss other music/films/general gossip etc. I have a feeling it will be more my thing, I've already signed up and started posting there and I'm looking forward to getting aquainted with Daniel's other pals. Should be a fun place. :D

sound world wrote: many of the ex-members of CQD who put in the majority of posts-RobB,Bluesy,Elfy,Sara for example-have other more important things going on in their lives like relationship,marriage etc
Very true, which is why it matters so much what the atmosphere of a place is like. When people have very busy lives and major things going on in the real world, there has to be a fairly compelling reason for them to make time to come online and contribute to a board. My life has been very busy and difficult at times for the last three years or so since I've worked full-time, but I always found time to go to the Barbie-board and to CQD, because there were people there I cared about and had a laugh with and felt bonded to. It's the people who make a board worth coming to, not the artist. Anyone who doesn't understand that is part of the problem here. Ultimately, a board is what the people make it. If this place is dull and unappealing and comes across as exactly what some would expect to find on a board devoted to Stina Nordenstam, doesn't that tell you something?
pgss wrote:If you ask me Stina Nordenstam's musical career is on a dead end.
As this board is surrounded mainly around her, this board is also.
Exactly. It was so obvious this is what would happen if the new place was a Stina fansite. When we were debating where to go in the last days of CQD, I advocated making a board centred around us as a community, not specifically devoted to Stina Nordenstam, and I still believe that would have kept us all together in the long run. We could have had a sticky thread for discussing Stina and her music, but it would have been a part of a much wider focus, the continuation of our community would not have depended on Stina Nordenstam.

Anyway. A missed opportunity, perhaps, and it's a great pity to see what we had fade away to nothing. I met some fascinating people because of the old boards, had many laughs, learned a few lessons about myself and others, good and bad. Now THAT is worth coming online for.

x31eq
Kitchen

Post by x31eq »

***Well, at least the board's livened up now, with a vigorous discussion about why it's dying!

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

I still enjoy this place so I don't mind if some people want to leave, but please leave it nicely and do not blame the whole world.

Stina has a place here, but she cannot be the main focus of this forum as she doesn't mind a lot about her audience. This is not CQD board 2, but the Desire Avenue one, different in many ways and not made to be a clone of CQD. If people still want to communicate they are all welcome, and this board is wide open to new ideas too.
[/url]
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

x31eq wrote:***Well, at least the board's livened up now, with a vigorous discussion about why it's dying!
[king] [king]
and well said Elizabeth re humour. I asked RobB why he was hardly posting when I saw him the other month and he said it was partly life and partly the feeling that all his posts on CQD vanished and he didn't want that to happen again.Pity, because RobB fuelled a great deal of the humour and bonhomie we used to have.*sob* [king]

whatis
Living room

Post by whatis »

well, 5 registered users (including me) crawling out of the woodwork! lets have a party! [bday] [:o]

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2V55 ... HDBLWHXUXK

let's tap dance! [king]