The reason why this board is dying

Talk about everything here
gi_interrupted_rl
Hallway

Post by gi_interrupted_rl »

Silents wrote:Ruth, I was rain19c on the barbieboard ^

You should post some of your music in the music forum, if you've recorded anything!

Can I ask what part of ny you are from? I was in NYC last weekend [angel]

I'm not quite technology saavy enough to put any of my songs online:/ i have some stuff recorded bu tmy computer that it's on isn't online, nor will it be in the near future. I'm still singin' and playin' though. I just got a drum set(it's antique and worth about 10x's what i paid!) and am in the process of starting a garage band with my friend and sister, it's workin' out quite well, but we're just organizing things right now. I'm still writing when i have the time and brain power, maybe i'll post some.

I'm from Middletown,NY about 1 1/2 hour from the city. For the record, I hate New York. It's only good for shopping. the weather sucks, the people mostly suck. I'm California girl and always will be. Born and mostly raised there, I'm going back one day. So, i don't like to talk about where i am now. From now on I'm never answering that question in fact! Or I'll just lie;)

As to the hacker, maybe it's just someone really jealous because they aren't the most popular on the board... 8d Darn that rap music! Sorry, I'm tired, delirious. But i bought some new music today and i'm happy:)

argh.

x31eq
Kitchen

Post by x31eq »

Well, I know a lot about computers, and I did Spanish at school, and I'm very unpopular on the board. But it wasn't me guv, honest!

barrett
Living room

Post by barrett »

daniel wrote:Grah! I hope you're not suspecting me then ... I'm really bad with computers... I need help for everything.
Daniel,believe me ,I never suspected you for one second.Sorry if ive upset anyone .as i said ,its just a thought. [angel]

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

^No I know. I just got a little bit paranoid...

[angel] << I like this emoticon... hehe

puce
Living room

Post by puce »

Coming back from a 3 week holiday with my bf in Italy and in France (yes, we are lucky people [king] )
I don't understand what St Francis talks about and why now, but I think the problem with the modest activity of this board, besides the bad feelings from the mysterious CQD disappearing, is busy life and lack of publicity, so the ones who once posted the most now post more rarely or never and there aren't new ones coming in.
I try to read most of the topics but I don't have much time left to also post, I'll do my best to be more present.

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

Well we're in a sentimental mood at the moment, I thought it would be good to dig up an old topic of this board. One of the first heated discussions here. I really planned on signing off in the beginning, I was sure that this board would not succeed.

But here we are a year later. And the forum still exists. Is growing with posts... is slowly growing with more members. And is getting a bit more active at the moment. The most active moment was thu Jun 22, 2006 1:50 pm, which is quite recent, with 21(!) users online.

Now the revamp by Alex makes it complete for me. The mainpage has a totally different style than any of the old boards over at CQD or StinaOnline. I really think that we should send an email to all boardmembers to remember them this board still exists, that stina has recorded a track with Filur and that some rumours suggest that a new album and website is on the way.

Let's stir things up a bit and make it the fun place it deserves to be. :D

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

So strange to read all that again - it really felt like this board was on the verge of collapse, didn't it. And here we all still are. :wink:
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Angie wrote: But everything is cyclical, and the essence of Desire Avenue will come back around sooner or later. People leave and people come back and people get married and have babies... just like a family, which is what we are.

I love that. And she was absolutely right. :D [akiss]
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

blue wrote:So strange to read all that again - it really felt like this board was on the verge of collapse, didn't it. And here we all still are. :wink:
Exactly, although some of us are missing. That's why I used the mass email function yesterday. Hoping to make people a little anxious to come and see what's happening.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Angie wrote: But everything is cyclical, and the essence of Desire Avenue will come back around sooner or later. People leave and people come back and people get married and have babies... just like a family, which is what we are.
Good find blue.
That's indeed what it is. And people come and go indeed. Some come back, some will be gone forever. That's just the way it goes.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Just dragging this topic up to the top of the list,as it seems quite topical and pertinent again.It was good to have something to discuss...
Where are you all,people? :cry:

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

i'm here!

I'm really unwell at the moment so not really been up for much internet stuff, but I am here! :)
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

iieee2
Toilet

hi.again.

Post by iieee2 »

hello there.
The other day I faintly remembered being part of a stina message group so today thought I'd give it a little google.
I had to go through the 'memberlist' to find my old nick. great huh!
I'm currently based in Cyprus, controversial new member of the EU so i'm sure the europeans and even some americans know where it is. But i'm also based in London.
Just saying hi really.
kyri:)

RobB
Bedroom

Re:

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Just dragging this topic up to the top of the list,as it seems quite topical and pertinent again.It was good to have something to discuss...
Where are you all,people? :cry:
Yoohoo :mrgreen:

alx5962
Bedroom

Re: The reason why this board is dying

Post by alx5962 »

For a dying board at that time, this place is quite alive these days
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light