The reason why this board is dying

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: The reason why this board is dying

Post by RobB »

I'm really looking forward to see what happens when the new album is released. :)

Will there be a sudden surge of interest in all things Stina here?

Or will Stina have a message board on her own official site which would probably swamp us :?:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

'Official' artist forums hosted/payed for by record companies tend to be spectacularly dull, so unless Stina herself takes it in mind to make something really interesting in the way of a forum .... I suspect this place will carry on as usual. :wink:

I wish Stina would think about making a forum herself, because I'm sure she could do something very creative with it. And it would give her a totally direct medium of communication with / way of selling her work to her fans. I can't imagine she's having an easy time of it with record companies at the moment. I don't know why she doesn't just scale down and adopt a more DIY attitude, like many musicians these days. I'd love it if she made something like Dead Air Space, the Radiohead site put together by the band themselves. All the writing/artwork is by them, it's full of 'secret' pages to find and explore, it's a blog, it has lots of links to things that interest the band and might interest you ... something along those lines, with Stina's sensibility informing it, could be brilliant. ^
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Hear hear.If only she would read what you've written,Beth.But I doubt it.

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Totally agree with you, Beth. That would be the thing. Definitely. ^

But we also know she doesn't care much about her fans... who knows anyway. :roll:
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Well to be fair, we don't know she doesn't care about her fans ..... we feel that way because there hasn't been any news for a long time, but the fact that she apparently pops in here to have a look at the board now and again would indicate she's curious as to whether there's still interest in her work. We know she cares deeply about her work, so presumably she cares whether it has an audience.

I think she maybe just needs to take more control herself over how she communicates with her audience, rather than thinking along conventional lines. It surprises me really that she hasn't taken more advantage of the internet .... it's such a perfect medium for artists who don't like the ways of the music business/media, or the sort of 'cult of personality' that dominates in that area. It's an inherently anonymous medium, in a sense, so it would seem perfect for her.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

she sort of did it a long time ago, at the Dynamite/People are strange time with the "Dialogue" site, if I remember well.

Now, I also think it could be a nice way for her to have a larger and faithful audience, and it's much easier now with the "web2.0" (hate that term but I use it) possibilities. Hope so. :roll:
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

In many ways Stina is no different to...for example...Kate Bush (or any number of artists)......Stina only feels the need to communicate when there is work to promote. Otherwise,when she's nor promoting her work,the wig comes off,the boots come off and she ceases to be 'Stina Nordenstam'.

I get the impression over the years that Stina needs to forget about that part of her life,forget about her 'famous' alter-ego,and unfortunately,communicating with fans is just an unwelcome reminder of something she wants to set aside and lock away.....until the next time.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

alx5962 wrote:For a dying board at that time, this place is quite alive these days
.....and another six months passes by as we merrily trundle on.

I must say I really love this thread,especially reading everyone's points of view four years ago.
I'm glad we kept going. :)

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

We have an average of 11 messages a day, so I think it's not that bad.
Quality first :wink:
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light