Who's leading Who?

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Who's leading Who?

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Of the old gang,the ones we haven't seen for ages are Coral,X31eq and Spook-also a pity.Bluesy is still around although she hasn't posted for a few months(??-come back Beth!!).Elfy appears occasionally-not enough...
I wonder if the situation would have been any different if we'd have still been on the CQD message boards :?:
Or would the absense of any new Stina material for four years would have dampened everyone's enthusiasm anyway?

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

I haven't gone anywhere, just don't have anything to post about. I'm a responder, and there's nothing to respond to lately.

The lack of Stina news makes no difference to me - I've never understood why that should stop a group of intelligent people with diverse interests chatting to pass the time - but it clearly makes a difference to several of the group, doesn't it? And the less people talk, the less people respond, etc etc. It's contagious. And rather sad.

Anyway. Carry on. Or not, whatever. :wink:

Angie, good to see you posting. ^
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Ugh. Another thing that stops me posting on this board - the way it logs you out while you're writing a post, if you spend more than five minutes on it. Jesus. I've just spent *ages* responding to Dan's recent post in the Tori thread and lost the whole f*****g thing when I hit the submit button. UGH.

*gives up*

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

blue wrote:Ugh. Another thing that stops me posting on this board - the way it logs you out while you're writing a post, if you spend more than five minutes on it. Jesus. I've just spent *ages* responding to Dan's recent post in the Tori thread and lost the whole f*****g thing when I hit the submit button. UGH.

*gives up*
it's a known problem unluckily. The free.fr server is fucked up so I have 2 choices to consider in a short future :
- to pay for a more reliable host
- close the board

But if I move to a new place, i'll close the Stina section as it's irrelevant now.
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Oh Alex, I'm sorry mate, just ignore me. It's just incredibly frustrating to put the effort into responding to something and have it all disappear like that. I'm not a quick writer. I like to take my time and think about what I'm saying, generally speaking. And if it's a topic I'm interested in, my posts can be lengthy. :D

Never mind, never mind. Maybe I'll try again later. :wink:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Hi Beth.Some of us value ANYTHING you contribute here.I too am a 'responder' and I find it hard to start new things off-perhaps there's not enough of that kind of person around just now
I haven't experienced this 'timed-out' thing yet,but I've had a few log-in log-out problems which are a pain.
Alex,I'd hazard a guess that the majority of the posting in the last few months has been in the Stina-related areas.For some of us,it's really important to have a Stina forum somewhere on the net.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Very occasionally I'll be asked to log-in but beyond that I've never had any problem accessing these boards nor have I ever been timed-out whilst posting,although ironically I have had that problem on other boards.

Alex,
I agree with Dave,we do need the Stina section here so I hope you'll carry on providing a platform of discussion on all things Stina? 8)

Nice to see you responding again,Beth. :)

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

so if you don't care about all those technical problems that happen sometimes, the board will continue here.
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

^ Yeah, I just need to remember to copy everything I've written before hitting the submit button, so I can paste it into a new reply if necessary. Bit of a drag, but not a huge deal really. Sorry. :wink:

As for Stina discussion, there's really no reason it shouldn't be a part of this or any other board we might find ourselves on. Her music is what brought us together, and even with sparse news, she's in our collective psyche wherever we go.

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

sound world wrote:And also Angie,congrats to you Americans on choosing Obama.A momentous day.
Thanks, Dave. At the risk of sounding hokey, the atmosphere really did change overnight.

Hi, Beth! Thanks for the message. [akiss]

I listened to Ask The Mountains recently, it had been too long.

I love that despite the lack of Stina-ness this group is still around and staying in touch.

The whole family got laid out with the dang flu over last weekend and this week. I don't think I've ever been that sick in my life. Ugh. :( Definitely on the mend now, though.

Looking forward to laying around this weekend because it is COLD outside, but I should get my butt out of the house to start some Christmas shopping. And how did it get to be December already??

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

Geez, I need to change my signature. Where did I get that crap about chocolate martinis and valium?

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

:mrgreen: Responsible parenthood kicks in.
I think this 'group' is now down to about five of us who are stupidly loyal or something... :I

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:I think this 'group' is now down to about five of us who are stupidly loyal or something... :I
nah,we just havn't got anything better to do. :mrgreen:

picsou
Kitchen

Post by picsou »

blue wrote:^ Yeah, I just need to remember to copy everything I've written before hitting the submit button, so I can paste it into a new reply if necessary. Bit of a drag, but not a huge deal really. Sorry. :wink:
Why not write your answer in whatever "word" program you have?

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

RobB wrote:nah,we just havn't got anything better to do. :mrgreen:
Speak for yourself sweety, I'm just visiting this board to help the mentally ill. :mrgreen: