The living and the dead

Watched a good movie?
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

The living and the dead

Post by RobB »

Shot in under three weeks with plenty of change from a million quid, 'The Living And The Dead' is probably one of the most harrowing and disturbing British films i've seen for a long time.

The basic plot is simple......the lord of the manor has to go away for a few days unknowingly leaving his ailing,bedridden wife in the care of their schizophrenic son,who manages to prevent the nurse from entering their rundown stately home.

But the way the film is shot,with repeated dialogue,the scary use of sound, speeded up footage with bleached out nightmarish scenes and time lapse photography, this film just disturbs and chills in a way that most so-called 'horror' films don't even get close to.

And its dvd is only £2.99 postage paid from play.com........grab yourself a bargain cos this film will haunt you for days.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Re: The living and the dead

Post by d.a.walker »

Yep, this film is a gem! ^
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

d.a.walker wrote:Yep, this film is a gem! ^
Oh well, we can agree on this one then Daniel, if not Eden Lake? :mrgreen:

Here's the official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdhST_qjNII

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

RobB wrote:
Here's the official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdhST_qjNII
Looks very interesting, and certainly seems to have garnered a lot of praise. Plus it's got Trigger in! I like him when he's doing serious roles, he's a great actor.

I'll put it on me list. ^
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote: Plus it's got Trigger in! I like him when he's doing serious roles, he's a great actor.
When the film started I was thinking 'hey,thats Trigger' and then I wasn't so sure,because of course he's alot older now but yeah,Roger is a great actor,so much so that I never thought about Trigger after that.