Twin Peaks

Watched a good movie?
pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

Angie wrote:Paul, I haven't read much about the new project yet, but I know that it's called Inland Empire and that Harry Dean Stanton and Laura Dern are in it.

Read that too at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460829/
I'm keeping a close watch at that website because they're always quick with updates on new developments on a filmproject.
Angie wrote:I think I've mentioned it before, but I didn't enjoy Mulholland Drive as much as other people did
Funny, I prefer Mulholland Drive above Lost Highway. But that's a matter of taste.

I like the story in Mulholland Drive and the loose vibe that the film has. It's not like you're waiting for the next strange thing to happen when you're watching that movie. So when these things do happen then you're more surprised by it.

While watching Lost Highway I was constantly aware of the fact that something scary might happen. It didn't really hit me when it did.

Forgive me my strange choice of words. I can't describe it any better way.
Angie wrote:but I really love Lost Highway.
Were you aware that Robert Blake - who plays the mystery man - has been a suspect in the murdercase of his exwife? He never got convicted but the murder has never been solved.
Angie wrote:After rereading this thread I thought I'd also mention that my friends project of watching an episode a week died down over the summer because everyone was so busy... we have I think only 8 or 9 episodes left.
I really like this idea. Maybe I should ask my friends to do the same... on the other hand. I'm too busy studying. :roll:

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

From imdb:

"Plot Outline: Set in the inland valley outside of Los Angeles, David Lynch's new film is a mystery about a woman in trouble."

Wow, I'm so glad to see that he's breaking new ground! *LOL*

The Robert Blake case got a lot of coverage here. It seems that he almost certainly did it, but who will ever know for sure? I didn't follow it too closely, but from what I heard and read his wife (Bonnie Lee Blakely) had many demons of her own. I guess that she had also dated Marlon Brando's son Christian, and there was a taped phone call where he said "You're lucky somebody doesn't put a bullet in your head." I don't know- lots of mysteries here. Maybe it could be David Lynch's next movie...

pgss
Bedroom

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by pgss »

I've started to watch Twin Peaks with my boyfriend. I have watched it when it was being broadcasted on Dutch television in the nineties but had forgotten about it. Really like it so far.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Still have never seen this series - it was so ridiculously hyped in the weeks before it was broadcast in the UK, I was sick of it without seeing any of it. :D

I did stumble into 'Fire Walk With Me' late one night and was completely mesmerised and quite traumatised by it - it had a similar emotional impact on me as Mulholland Drive.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

I watched TP when it was first on (c.1990?) and really enjoyed the first series,but I thought the second series (after the original premise,'Who killed Laura?' had-seemingly-been solved) descended into self-parody and I got fed up with it.I also made the mistake of reading the tie-in book 'The secret diary of Laura Palmer' which was just dreadful and cynically exploitative.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I lost interest when I realised Samantha Fox wasn't in it. [angel]

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

:mrgreen:

Really? So you're a boobiesman than, Rob?

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Oh god, Sam Fox. Back in the 80s my brothers' bedroom was literally wall-to-wall posters of her.

She's a lesbian now, I believe, which makes me giggle. :D

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

pgss wrote:Really? So you're a boobiesman than, Rob?
Not especially Paul but you know me,i'll use any excuse to slip in a corny gag.
:wink:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:She's a lesbian now, I believe, which makes me giggle. :D
I don't blame her. If i'm ever reincarnated as a woman,i'm gonna make sure that i'll be coming back as a lesbian. 8)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

:D :D