How are you today?

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: How are you today?

Post by RobB »

hey Dan, thats excellent news that you've got your life back on (the right) track after a such a miserable time.......hope the new relationship proves as long lasting (only happier) as the previous one? With life when ever one door closes a new one opens.....unless its locked and you've lost the key of course !! :mrgreen:

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Hi Daniel,

Good to hear from you again!
I know how hard it can be to adapt to being single after being in a long relationship. Especially when you've gotten together at such a young age. But it is always good to be on your own and being able to sort out your priorities without having to think about someone else.

Can you give a link to your last album, i'd like to hear some snippets of tracks, if these are available somewhere.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

Hi there :mrgreen:

The album can be found here, I'm pretty sure you can stream if from this site too:

http://dawalker.bandcamp.com/

Enjoy!
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Hi Daniel! What a nice surprise to see you on the board again, I'm glad you're feeling positive. It can be scary to come out of a long relationship, but you've met someone new and hopefully it's all going well. ^

Post your Tori thoughts in her thread if you get a chance, I'm curious to know what you think of the Gold Dust reworkings ...

It's snowing here this morning, caught me by surprise when I left the house at 6.30am to get my bus over to Kate's. She has a half hour drive to work which no doubt took her considerably longer today.

I can't believe it's only 3 weeks till Christmas, it just doesn't feel like it this year. Or maybe I'm getting old and curmudgeonly. :wink:
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

3 weeks! sheet!
At least I have something vaguely creative to give selected rellies this year-a few weeks ago a friend and I started making up stupid limericks based on British names/placenames that have silly pronunciations-like Cholmondeley (pronounced Chumley). The idea snowballed, and we have a little book! Or at least, will have, if it gets made in time.

Otherwise, Christmas is going to be tricky. I'll be spending it with family including two grannies, both at different stages of dementia, one quite serious.
Not looking forward to it, and as for the endless mammon, not at all. I'm doomed to have a wider family who have way more income than I and shower each other with presents I can only dream of-eg when my niece was 9, she was given a laptop-this was before my own family could afford any kind of computer. And so it goes on.
That's two old of us old and curmudgeonly, then. :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Dave, I'm sitting here with Rocco cuddled up next to me on the sofa and the computer on my lap, and he is in absolute hysterics at your avatar. 'CAT! DANCING!!' : mr green :

Gosh it's all frozen out there this morning, yesterday's slush has become today's ice rink. The older I get the more terrified I am of falling over in the ice.

Apparently I'm having Christmas at Kate's this year, with Other Grandma who has way too much money and likes to let people know it (I wouldn't mind in the least if she'd earned it, but she just married it.) She always gets Rocco really expensive, stupidly extravagant presents on birthdays and Christmas, whereas I of course am limited to getting him what I can afford. I console myself with the idea that he's had a lot of time and love from me, and that is more meaningful than an expensive, silly gift.

I really only wanted to go over there on Christmas morning to give them their gifts and then have the rest of the day on my own, but Kate's partner has apparently decided I'm spending the day there. Hey-ho. I'll just have to bite my tongue when Other Grandma is annoying me.

Angie
Kitchen

Post by Angie »

Oh, Beth, I'm sorry, but I'm getting quite a chuckle out of Other Grandma. :D I know you know that the time and attention he gets from you is worth more than whatever money she throws at him. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day in spite of her. And I know you will, with little Rocco running around!

I wanted to stop in and wish everyone on the Stina board the merriest of Christmases. I hope everyone has a lovely time with family, good food, great conversation and lots of holiday spirit! Much love to all!

:text-merryxmas:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Ha, Angie you have no idea! I've had to bite my tongue so many times with this woman it's amazing I have any tongue left! :mrgreen: Oh well, it's good for developing my tolerance I suppose, and yes the important thing is that I will get to see my grandson on the day.

I had fun yesterday buying his Christmas presents, we have an awesome toy section at work so I spent a good couple of hours playing, um I mean checking whether things would be suitable for a small boy. :wink: I've got him a few little things but his two main presents are both musical - a really cool little electronic keyboard which I think he will have great fun with, and a percussion set which I'm sure his mother will thank me for. :mrgreen: He loves anything musical so I hope he likes them.

I'll say Merry Christmas to everyone now as I'm working from tomorrow through to Christmas Eve, so won't have a chance to get online. Hope everyone has a lovely time, and I will see you all in the new year.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Merry christmas everyone!

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

I wish you all a merry christmas :text-merryxmas:
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

:text-merryxmas: to you all :D

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

:violin: :whistle: [bday]

and from me, a Merry Xmas too

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Merry Christmas to everyone! ^ [bday]
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

Merry Christmas, Gawd bless ye, everyone!

:mrgreen:
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Happy new year to everyone!