Are we still active?

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Are we still active?

Post by RobB »

With no new Stina album for 12 years and no new Stina performance in 10 years, I've started this topic to see if Stina fans at least are a little more active regarding Stina's career than Stina (apparently) is herself?

In the last few days I've ordered a copy of Filur's 'Retrospective cd which has a couple of mixes of Stina's collaboration with them.

I've also emailed Independiente to see if they have any future plans on re-issuing the 'TISN' album and have also a follow-up email to Rupert Bingham,this time regarding his work on the Sharon & Hope promo film.

And I continue to titivate with the 'Stina Time-Line' topic,adding bits,re-typing bits etc etc.

And of course I still actually play....occasionally admittedly....Stina's wonderful music. :D

sound world
Bedroom

Re: Are we still active?

Post by sound world »

Stina remains my favourite musician - which is saying something, considering how many different types of music and musicians I'm interested in - and I play her music a lot.

I'm always on the lookout for any interesting material relating to her. What are the mixes on 'Retrospective'. I've heard a couple over the years, not that I'm any fan of remixes - in Stina's case they're usually way offbeam in terms of the sense of the song they're remixing.

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Well I've never been a music collector, even for Stina… So on that part, I guess I'm not active.

But I still listen to her of course, and talk about her. She remains a great source of inspiration. I added a cover in my setlist: This time, John, made in a heavy way, guitar with saturation & reverb. Love to play it.
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:What are the mixes on 'Retrospective'.
The double cd compilation album,which is called 'In Retrospect' (I referred to it as 'Retrospective' as I couldn't recall its proper title :I ) features the original single mix on CD1 and two remixes on CD2, 'Emperor Machine Remix' & 'Lulu Rouge Remix'.

Incidentally I received a quick (but standard) reply from Independiente to my enquiry,which went:
'We don’t currently have any plans to re-issue her album, but may visit this idea in the future.'

No surprises there then but at least it confirmed that Independiente still own the 'This Is Stina Nordenstam' album.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Thanks for the Filur info, RobB. I have all those tracks. The original is beautiful. The Emperor one is vraiment bizarre, as the French might say. I don't know whether I love it or hate it - it certainly doesn't have much connection to the sense of the lyrics.
Incidentally there are two more Wasteland remixes out there - Kap10Kurt remix and Buda remix.

No surprises indeed from Independiente - in fact that looks like a standard answer to a fan and they've probably forgotten all about it and maybe DON'T own the rights any more.

Strange that nobody has ever compiled a 'Best of Stina' or 'Greatest Hit' (deliberate singular there) :twisted: :mrgreen:
...although there was 'Music for Pictures' the tracklist of which would make a very good pop-Stina collection.

polincoly
Hallway

Post by polincoly »

Incidentally there are two more Wasteland remixes out there - Kap10Kurt remix and Buda remix.
Interested to learn this… anyone has these two remixes? :P

Besides, I am looking for all those TO THE SEA "vinyl" remixes on digital files. Anyone? :roll:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Buda remix is identical to Lulu Rouge - in fact I think Buda is a member of Filur.

I have 13 different versions of To The Sea :shock: . Happy hunting! They come up on eBay.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Strange that nobody has ever compiled a 'Best of Stina' or 'Greatest Hit' (deliberate singular there) :twisted: :mrgreen:
...although there was 'Music for Pictures' the tracklist of which would make a very good pop-Stina collection.
The rear cover of that 'Music for Pictures' promo cd says 'MANY THANKS TO THE RECORD COMPANIES ON THIS CD FOR THEIR KIND COLLABORATION' .....so anything is possible. :-)

polincoly
Hallway

Post by polincoly »

sound world wrote:I have 13 different versions of To The Sea
wow! are they in digital format? Any chance to share with me please? [angel]

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Sorry, I don't have them where I am now, and in any case the majority of them aren't in digital format.

Like I say, you can find them on eBay and in the world's record shops, like I did. (Took about 5 years and a fair bit of expense). One or two of the mixes aren't worth the hunt, by the way - sub-Ibiza party-poop with all the poetry of Stina blitzed out. Can't remember which ones, off the top of my head.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

As its only the same performance anyway, my favourite remix will always be the mix that allows Stina's vocal to be heard clearly above everything else. ^

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

I have all of her albums, all of the singles. Filur's album I didn't buy. I don't care much for that track with Stina. I did buy a vinyl copy of ASCHE and TWIS, though. So I'm not searching anymore, in fact I gave up hope for a new release a very long time ago.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

pgss wrote:So I'm not searching anymore, in fact I gave up hope for a new release a very long time ago.
To quote in part Stina's one and only message on these boards......

you can never be certain for sure. 8)

And to quote Peter Gabriel (who hasn't posted on these boards incidentally :wink: )

Don't Give Up.