How are you today?

Talk about everything here
blue
Bedroom

Re: How are you today?

Post by blue »

Hi folks, it's my annual post, yay! :dance:

Rob I hadn't even noticed the location in my profile, I'll get on that now. :lol:

Well I've been back in Scotland for over a year now, and am very happily settled. I had a visitor from America back at the end of May / beginning of June this year, none other than our dear Grinning Soul, Ms. Angie LaLuzerne. 8-) She came over for a few days with her good friend Steph, on their way to a music festival in Barcelona. Scotland isn't really on the way to Barcelona, but you know. :lol: It was so lovely to finally meet in person after all these years, a dream long held and finally realised. We did the trip over to my beloved Isle of Arran and stayed in a little AirBnB there right on the beach in Whiting Bay, gah it was gorgeous.

Next goal is for me to somehow make the return trip to Wisconsin, USA!

Hope you are all doing well, let's see some posts here - catch up time, I mean are you all still alive? We've just been through a pandemic, I need reassurance. :lol:
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

sound world
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by sound world »

blue wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:29 am
Scotland isn't really on the way to Barcelona, but you know. :lol:
Well, they are Americans... :mrgreen:
blue wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:29 am
Hope you are all doing well, let's see some posts here - catch up time, I mean are you all still alive? We've just been through a pandemic, I need reassurance. :lol:
Still alive in my case (just, I get my bus pass next year :mrgreen: ), but the SN action seems to have largely migrated to FB - yours are the first posts here in ages! Talking of FB, your page seems to have vanished?

Oh and talking of Scottish islands, I spent a week on Eigg last week (cue RobB joke) - wonderful.That's the island where the islanders bought out the Laird in the '90s. Fabulous.

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:14 pm
Oh and talking of Scottish islands, I spent a week on Eigg last week (cue RobB joke) - wonderful.That's the island where the islanders bought out the Laird in the '90s. Fabulous.
I thought that was the island where you tripped over and you ended up with Eigg on your face? :mrgreen:

Hello Beth,lovely to read your message. You should do one every Christmas Day as I understand that there's a vacancy now !!
That was nice for you and Angie to meet up like that...it kind of makes up for having missed out on the London meet-up all those years ago.