The Emiliana Thread

New bands are welcome
kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

parvoart wrote:
puce wrote:Duncan, she will be on german TV "VIVA" next Wednesday at 21:15 at the "Sarah Kuttner Show".
ahhhhh! i don't have a tv. i might be able to get someone to video it. it would be interesting to see! thanks for the tip paola! :)
Another person that has rejected the TV medium?

(I got rid of my box about a month ago).

Kitchen

Post by * »

we are freaks kuhn! :wink: :D

in germany only 5% of households have no tv. indeed if i only had one i'd still be in a minority - 35%. the rest have two or more! :shock:

there are still some good radio channels and what with the internet, who needs the tv :?:

Franck
Living room
anti-spam: No

Post by Franck »

I haven't had TV for more than 4 years now...
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

puce
Living room

Post by puce »

I have TV but I watch it rarely, only for some series like CSI or 24 and news.
Anyway, the link to Emiliana's white session seems to work now http://membres.lycos.fr/estrellawarrenfr/ (29 minutes, 20 MB).

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Franck wrote:I haven't had TV for more than 4 years now...

Indeed - We're all FREAKS! :twisted:

And it feels good!

Spookrijder
Kitchen

Post by Spookrijder »

I have no TV since I left my mom's home in 1991 :shock:

But I seriously consider buying one :!: :idea: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

fog
Kitchen

Post by fog »

Hey guys, i just got the album today, "Fisherman's Woman", well is it REALLY weak and boring or am i wrong? I feel really disappointed from her new stuff, am i the only one who thinks of it? :roll:
Reality is a personal choice

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

fog wrote:Hey guys, i just got the album today, "Fisherman's Woman", well is it REALLY weak and boring or am i wrong? I feel really disappointed from her new stuff, am i the only one who thinks of it? :roll:
I downloaded it a long time ago, last year.

I too find it too bland. It's just too little resistance.

It is all so nice. But it's mostly a bit too "nice" for my cup of tea.

Kitchen

Post by * »

i really like the single, but yeah, the album doesn't grab me really. i don't mind the concept - stripped down and acoustic, but it doesn't have any real edge to it like kuhn said. while not as extreme, one might have hoped after '...science' she do something like bl?rk's medulla or sylvian's blemish.

have there been any interviews where she's given the reason for her change of direction?

fog
Kitchen

Post by fog »

It really is Kuhn, very mellow and boring...no great moments or surprises...
It could be the whole as a one song ideed..too bad... :cry:
Reality is a personal choice

daniel
Living room

Post by daniel »

I got the album as soon as it was out and I have been loving it to pieces. Specially Thinking Out Loud (I'm a sucker for 3/4 rythm) and Sunny Road . The deluxe 1st edition package is lovely and I can't wait for the single.

I really love Love in the Time of Science as well ... I think more than this one ... but I'm biased. That album came to me in the perfect time, it blew me away. I haven't had the same HUGE emotional response with this one.

pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by pgss »

About the TV: I have one but I almost never watch television (unless there's news on a tsunami or two airplanes flying into the World Trade Center etc.).

About Emiliana: I still have to get used to the soft sounds. But I'm in love with Sunnyroad. Have you seen the new website? It is lovely. I want something similar for Stina. :)

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

man, since i've moved in december i haven't had tv; well i do own one, but the cable is broken and these cableguys haven't fixed it yet; can't say i miss it too much though, there's hardly anything interesting on, but i kinda miss the background noise...

I just watched the sunnyroad video on the new website and it's lovely; the whole website looks great too, but where's the info on previous work... i haven't listened to her before, but the new song sounds great.

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

wirbel wrote:man, since i've moved in december i haven't had tv; well i do own one, but the cable is broken and these cableguys haven't fixed it yet; can't say i miss it too much though, there's hardly anything interesting on, but i kinda miss the background noise...

I just watched the sunnyroad video on the new website and it's lovely; the whole website looks great too, but where's the info on previous work... i haven't listened to her before, but the new song sounds great.
Regarding missing info about previous work:

This is what often happens when an artists release an album on a new label, the paste seems to be totally erased and all focus is on the new album and the webpage presents itselfs mostly as a promotional tool (Remember the This Is Circus page?).

I think that's sad.

gi_interrupted_rl
Hallway

Post by gi_interrupted_rl »

i doubt emiliana will ever be big in the states:( it's be awesome to hear good music on the radio, but damn those commercial ones. any decent music is on the independant stations. i've heard her in movies, but thats it as far as hearing her outside of my own cdplayer... i'm proud to have spread her to at least 2 loyal listeners, but isnt that always a joy to us all...spreading good music to others. only if their worthy will they accept it i suppose..lol sorry, kinda distracted. damn old people. dont get me wrong i love old people, i identify with them far better than the young folk nowadays. it's just damn whoever is making so much noise ya know. what the deus?? or is it dues...

not to get off topic, but anyone an isobel campbell fan?

i'll be among the lucky to find miss torrini in the stores. :/