Virginia Astley

New bands are welcome
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Virginia Astley

Post by RobB »

Quite possibly my favourite artist is Virginia Astley who's website I help administer.

It has been off-line for a complete overhaul but is now back up and running with all the latest news.

Please give us a visit at http://www.virginiaastley.com :)

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Nice revamp Rob. Looks very nice!

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

pgss wrote:Nice revamp Rob. Looks very nice!
Cheers Paul. :)

We've already spotted a few things that we're not happy with but we're going to let the site settle for a week or two before correcting them.

In truth, I'm totally untechnical when it comes to websites so my part is to do the news gathering,researching,feature writing and all the donkey work like sourcing photographs,press articles and finding the rare records.

But thats ok,as that allows Paul Browne to concentarte on the site design which we then both discuss by throwing ideas around.

I guess thats what teamwork is all about. :)

morrissey
Hallway

Post by morrissey »

But why are her CD's (with the exception of 'from gardens..) so hard to get hold of ?

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

It is strange that 'Hope In A Darkened Heart' isn't readily available on cd, especially given the bonus interest in David Sylvian's appearence.

'All Shall Be Well' and 'Had I The Heavens' had Nippon Columbia's backing but unfortunately there was no interest in the UK.

Demon Records did hold talks with Virginia to get them released here but that unfortunately fell through.

Even 'From Gardens........' only really came out because Rough Trade's Geoff Travis took a personal interest as he's always liked the album and so got behind the remastered project.

Keep well clear of the imported Rosebud issues of 'From Gardens', 'Had I The Heavens' and 'All Shall be Well' cds though which were unauthorised copies of the Japanese releases.