Gnarls Barkley

New bands are welcome
wirbel
Bathroom

Gnarls Barkley

Post by wirbel »

I'd like to know what you think of them. I think the songs "Crazy", "Smiley Faces" and "Who Cares" are some great tracks together with some more stuff on the album St. Elsewhere. It's refreshing hip-hop allthough it's really a mix of styles and music i think, probably because one of them is a dj and the singer knows a variety of styles as well. The videos are quite refreshing and cool too.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjFIKLF65K4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjFIKLF65K4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

also check out the "who cares" video; it's funny :D
-I am a true Believer-

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

I love their music videos, they are so well done !
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

witchy
Living room

Post by witchy »

Yep, I like them too. I'm happy my boyfriend decided to buy the cd once he found it on offer and after seeing them on top of the pops, so I didn't have to face the moral dilemma (am I the kind of person who buys this kind of easy stuff? :wink: ). I think their pieces are just perfectly tailored and totally enjoyable, if you're ready to just shake your booty and go with the flow. I love the voice of the singer, it's just the kind of old-sounding black voice that really gets me. They have a ver summery feeling and the videos are fun [tup] . Then again, don't make me listen to them every day for too long or the game is over...
"Superero' le correnti gravitazionali, lo spazio e la luce per non farti invecchiare. Ti salvero' da ogni malinconia, perche' sei un essere speciale ed io avro' cura di te ... Io si', che avro' cura di te" F.Battiato

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

I've only ever heard 'Crazy' which for a long time I thought was a new Moby single. :lol:

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

witchy wrote: Then again, don't make me listen to them every day for too
long or the game is over...
you're so right, which is the category they are in for me; fun to listen to, but not too often cause it would get boring somehow; the White Stripes are also in this category for example...
Stina on the other hand i can always listen too... :)
-I am a true Believer-