X-Files 2

Watched a good movie?
wirbel
Bathroom

X-Files 2

Post by wirbel »

Yes it's official! there will be a second X-Files movie coming out in the summer of 2008!! :D [rolling] Filming will start december. I think the script was on the shelves already for some years and it will be a stand-alone storyline, so nothing to do with the big 'alien invasion' plan.. Wonder when they are gonna make that one then, wasn't the invasion planned for 2012? ;) (dec. 21/22 at the end of the Mayan Calendar, a big event like this is said to take place)
and I hope it will feature CSM, the lone gunmen and Skinner of course...
-I am a true Believer-

blue
Bedroom

Re: X-Files 2

Post by blue »

Weren't Skinner and one of the Lone Gunmen killed in the last series? Or maybe I dreamed it. :D

I bet David Duchovny is relieved there's going to be another movie. Everything he's done since the end of the series has sunk like a stone. Gillian Anderson, on the other hand, seems to go from strength to strength.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

I wonder if she'll demand top billing? :mrgreen:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Wouldn't surprise me! :lol:

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

blue wrote:Weren't Skinner and one of the Lone Gunmen killed in the last series? Or maybe I dreamed it. :D
that's true, but from what i've heard this new movie will be set in one of the earlier seasons, otherwise it also wouldn't make much sense i'd think. This way they can have a good old 'monster of the week' episode stretched to full movie length...
blue wrote:I bet David Duchovny is relieved there's going to be another movie. Everything he's done since the end of the series has sunk like a stone. Gillian Anderson, on the other hand, seems to go from strength to strength.
I can only remember to have seen movies with David and can't think of one with Gillian :D
I heard the new series David is playing in is quite good?
-I am a true Believer-

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

Hasn't the X-Files already said what it had to say? Another film???? We didn't even need the last few series of the show!!! I really enjoyed the first few series of the X-Files, but it then just seemed to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....like Friends, getting more same old same old.
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

Well, I actually liked the later seasons the best (5, 6 and 7); after that we got the disappearance of Mulder and things got less interesting, but it was all still high quality for a series. And with a series 'independent' story they can make a movie very much fun for those that love(d) the X-files! (allthough like I said, i'd also like to see the events around the planned 'invasion' ;))
-I am a true Believer-

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

wirbel wrote:
I can only remember to have seen movies with David and can't think of one with Gillian :D
She garnered much critical praise and an award for 'The House of Mirth', where she played the central character Lily Bart (one of my fave books/characters incidentally, and a sumptuous film), and more for her work in the BBC's recent adaptation of 'Bleak House', plus she was in 'Last King of Scotland' and 'Straightheads' just from this year. She's done theatre in London and New York which again earned her a lot of rave reviews, and she's now working on her first screenplay.

I think Duchovny has done a few films since X-Files ended, but they've been largely forgettable, apart from the highly amusing 'Evolution'. Everything else he's done has bombed. I haven't even bothered checking out his new series to be honest, mainly because the premise isn't very appealing - I can't summon up much interest in the sexual exploits of a middle aged man trying to fuck his way out of writer's block. :roll: :lol:

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

I've seen the film recently on dvd but forgot about this thread.

Much as i like to see something new featuring Mulder and Scully, the film was abit plodding and hardly up to the standard of a tv episode let alone a feature film. I was disappointed to be honest and its lack lustre box office performance may have nixed plans for a third movie.