Why? (Anticon)

New bands are welcome
YaoPau
Hallway

Why? (Anticon)

Post by YaoPau »

This is a bit off-genre, but Why? is a rapper turned indie rock band that I've had in constant rotation for the last ten years. I'd never thought of posting it to the board, but considering most of what I listen to is Stina, Kate Bush, Why?, and Joanna Newsom, I figure it might be right up some of your alleys. I've always been interested in how wildly different artists can accumulate a similar fan base.

Here's the stream of their latest album... most people seem to like #1, #3, #4 best: http://www.imeem.com/whyanticon/playlis ... _playlist/ Hopefully one person will love it.
embrace the hallway.

Elforel
Living room
Location: Somewhere between the ground and the sky (Beijing, China)

Re: Why? (Anticon)

Post by Elforel »

Listening to it right now, it's pretty cool!
Cheerful but with a heavy indie sound, I like that...
Thanks for the link!
Blog:blog.foukography.com
"Mieux vaudrait apprendre a faire l'amour correctement plut?t que s'abrutir sur un livre d'histoire." B.Vian

caaaleb
Toilet

Post by caaaleb »

oo. I really like why? I like the hollows the most i think (when all the music drops out and theres just the slamming bass for a moment. amazing) though exegesis is genius as well.

I saw them live a while back and met two of the band members. (i'm all awkward shuffles and stutters in those types of confrontations though.) and got a weird album of all the songs from alopecia when they were still rough drafts. yoni (the lead singer) did it all himself and its really interesting. theyre just really stripped down different versions of the same songs. i'd give more info on it, but a friend has it at the moment. :/ anyway, you should check it out if you really like alopecia.

YaoPau
Hallway

Post by YaoPau »

Yeah I'd love to check it out. I finally managed to see them live a couple months back and loved it - I can barely play piano and think at the same time, Yoni played piano with one hand, drums with the other, and sang. Still not sure how that's possible.

I like Hollows too. Notice the Joanna Newsom reference in there?
embrace the hallway.

caaaleb
Toilet

Post by caaaleb »

to be honest, I had no clue of such reference, but i just listened to it again and..

well.. i still had no clue, so i looked it up.

even just joanna newsom's left hand.

genius.

so thanks. :)