Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir

New bands are welcome
caaaleb
Toilet

Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir

Post by caaaleb »

I have two (and a half) for you to find and critique and love or hate.

1) a song by Mice Parade that Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir (from múm) sings on. It's off of the album "Mice Parade" and the song is called Double Dolphins on the Nickel. Listen!

2) An album by Avey Tare (from Animal Collective) and Kría Brekkan (who is actually Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir under a different name) called Pullhair Rubeye. It's this really trippy collection of songs recorded normally then put on the album backwards. So It's just noise, but -very- interesting noise. I can't find it anywhere around and I haven't bought it off of the internet yet, only listened to samples. Anyway, maybe someone will like it or be as piqued as I am.

2.5) anything by múm. If anyone is a fan, how do you feel about the band now that the twins Gyða and Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir have left the band? The sound is different, but still very good i think.

aermancer
Bathroom

Re: Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir

Post by aermancer »

I love Summer Make Good, it's the only album from múm that i have. I love "Will The Summer Make Good For All Of Our Sins?" the most. It sounds like it should be in a horror movie.

I downloaded "Frogs Smoke" and it's really good and creative, but i don't really like the band's vocals, they're kind of... sloppy. Actually I think this song sounds like Bloem de Ligny's band Polichinelle.