Cameras.

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Cameras.

Post by RobB »

I suppose you wouldn't want to lugg it half way round the world with you otherwise you should have asked for it back? :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

No I haven't got my camera yet Rob, it's become a distant dream again, like so many other things. I'm squandering my money on much less interesting and important things like rent and council tax. :D
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

:mrgreen:

Is it too early to start making out your christmas prezzie list? :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

I think Christmas is going to be very tough this year, for a lot of us. :?

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Tough?.....as in last years turkey? :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Thought I'd update this, seeing as I finally got a camera, albeit one passed on to me! It's a Nikon Coolpix 3700, seems to be quite a few interesting things you can do on it but I haven't got my head round it all yet, I'm still in the basic point and shoot mode right now. It didn't have a manual with it but I managed to find it online and download it as a PDF.

I'm quite pleased with this one I took of my cat Blue - she's so difficult to get a good picture of because she's black so she doesn't show up well. I couldn't believe it when she went and sat on my blue stairs yesterday, I just managed to grab the camera. :D

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Here's Missy, chilling on my bed (with that crack-addict expression she gets whilst digging her claws into the duvet):

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

And here on my living room wall, an extremely rare thing: a picture of Tori Amos in 1846 when she first started playing the piano bars. :D

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Nice pics, Beth. Blue is gorgeous!! I like the colour of your stairs too.

Gah, my family used to have a piano like the one in your Renoir, flying candelabras and all, which was always promised to me (it had my soul in it..) and then one day my Mother went and sold it without telling me. More fuel for my varous family dystopias.

Funnily enough, I just got a new camera, the Canon I mentioned on the Stina pic thread-I thought it was about time we had a digital camera, and I got it for Robin's trip to Africa. I got it from eBay for a quarter of the retail price :mrgreen: BUT 2 weeks later it stopped focussing and I ended up paying almost the rest of the retail price to get it fixed [b)]

Seems to be OK now anyway. Maybe I shall put some pics up!

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

sound world wrote:Nice pics, Beth. Blue is gorgeous!!
Yeah she's a honey, although as I say, a nightmare to take pictures of as she doesn't show up properly against most backgrounds. I love how the colour of the pic reflects her name. (Incidentally, I named her Blue when she was a tiny kitten with startling blue eyes, not knowing then that kittens, like human babies, are all born with blue eyes which later change colour.)
Gah, my family used to have a piano like the one in your Renoir, flying candelabras and all, which was always promised to me (it had my soul in it..) and then one day my Mother went and sold it without telling me. More fuel for my varous family dystopias.
Oh, that's so sad. People get very emotionally attached to their instruments don't they, Tori talks about her two pianos as if they're people.

I love that print. Renoir seems to have had a penchant for painting women in blue.

Maybe I shall put some pics up!

Yeah, we should have some pics around the place. I seem to recall we have a few rather good photographers on this board.

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

Nice to see your pictures Beth and I'm glad you got a camera given to you. Aren't those the best gifts?
I would also like to update my camera, since it's a couple years old now and I really like the high definition images you can shoot nowadays. I haven't updated my flickr account for quite a while as well. Good idea to share some pictures again. :)
-I am a true Believer-

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

We had a whole board full of them on another site a few years ago, long before the advent of Flickr and so on - I remember Elfy had some amazing pictures up, and quite a few other members were excellent photographers. We should maybe start a photo thread, although most of mine will be of my grandson and my cats. :D :D

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

wirbel wrote:Nice to see your pictures Beth and I'm glad you got a camera given to you. Aren't those the best gifts?

Yeah I was lucky to get it, it was my daughter's until my brother bought her a very expensive, all-singing all-dancing one for Christmas. I wouldn't have been able to afford one myself so I'm over the moon. ^

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

blue wrote:We had a whole board full of them on another site a few years ago, long before the advent of Flickr and so on - I remember Elfy had some amazing pictures up, and quite a few other members were excellent photographers. We should maybe start a photo thread, although most of mine will be of my grandson and my cats. :D :D
For a short moment there I thought you said 'my grandson and my cars'. :shock: :mrgreen:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

sound world wrote:
blue wrote:We had a whole board full of them on another site a few years ago, long before the advent of Flickr and so on - I remember Elfy had some amazing pictures up, and quite a few other members were excellent photographers. We should maybe start a photo thread, although most of mine will be of my grandson and my cats. :D :D
For a short moment there I thought you said 'my grandson and my cars'. :shock: :mrgreen:
Yeah, well there's my Mercedes and the Jag of course, I only use the Rolls on Sundays, so that just leaves the Ferrari and the Porsche, which are my everyday runabouts. I'll take pics of them all. :D :D