sound world wrote:Horsemeat perhaps?? :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Horse soup? Hmmm....you could be onto something there? :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Re: How are you today?

Post by blue »

[quote=RobB]

Is that B&M Bargains? They've opened up an out-of-town store about five minutes walk from here. Quite handy for car drivers. They seem a bit like QD or Wilkinsons,but a little more downmarket..... I got some really cheap tinned soup from there the other day. :mrgreen: [/quote]

Yes that's the one Rob, and your description is exactly right! Quite honestly most of what they sell is poor quality tat, I've been working the customer service till the last three months or so and the amount of stuff we get back for refund is terrible. I wouldn't buy anything from there, except groceries which, as you say, are very cheap. Always check the use by dates though, the reason they can afford to sell stuff so cheap is because they buy it when it's coming up to date.

[quote=RobB]In a way your unpleasant boss has done you a big favour in treating you so appallingly .....had you really enjoyed your work at B+M, then you would have been in a quandary as to whether to stay where you are or to go back to with Julian Graves. I'm so pleased for you that its all worked out so well for you. :D[/quote]

Yes, the older I get Rob the more I feel that things happen for a reason. Having that experience at B+M and seeing how people are treated in a big company like that has given me even more appreciation for Julian Graves, and I've realised that what I actually enjoy is working in a small store where you get to build up a relationship with your regular customers. I'm so delighted to be returning to that sort of environment.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

blue wrote: I've realised that what I actually enjoy is working in a small store where you get to build up a relationship with your regular customers.
I know what you mean.....that's one of the reasons why I enjoy serving in my little charity shop. :)

Just remembered I also bought a tub of mealworms from B&M but its okay, the birds aren't complaining. :mrgreen:

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

RobB wrote:
sound world wrote:Horsemeat perhaps?? :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Horse soup? Hmmm....you could be onto something there? :wink:
Hors d'ouevres?? :dance:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Hors d'ouevres?? :dance:
That is dreadful, even for you, Dave :mrgreen:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

I've had my new Area Manager on the phone since I last posted, we are all set to go - we get the store stocked up on Wednesday (I'm anticipating at least a 12 hour shift :mrgreen: ), then hopefully opening lunchtime on Thursday. There is no manager at the moment, so I will be running things until that's sorted. Which means basically I will be working all day every day until whenever. :mrgreen:

I'm so excited! Back to me fruit and nuts!

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

What you need Beth is a well known celebrity to cut the ribbon on opening day.....hang on, I'll email you Stina's phone number. :mrgreen:

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Beth, that is indeed a wonderful story. And very convenient that they called you at this time to offer you a job. Karma. ^

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Yes it must be Paul, its too much of a synchronicity to not be. When my former colleague who called me heard that I'd just decided to look for another job two weeks ago she was like, ok its obviously meant to be!

Even weirder is the fact that when I told my lovely till manager at B+M I would be looking to leave, I jokingly said to her that I would need her to come with me because she has been such a great Supervisor and I would miss working with her. when I got the job at JG I mentioned to her that they needed a manager for the shop - she has now applied for the position and is going to be interviewed soon. How hilarious and wonderful if she actually does end up coming with me!

Sometimes life is good.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

As the old saying goes......'It's not what you know but who you know that counts'. 8)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Well I had the best day today, so happy to get back in the shop and start stocking it up again. It wasn't nearly as tiring as I was expecting it to be, we finished for the day at 5pm which was a nice surprise. The plan is to open on Friday, so we have tomorrow to get the remaining jobs done.

I think I had a smile on my face all day long, not least because so many people passing by stopped to say welcome back, good luck, glad you're opening again. How lovely to feel that people are happy to see us back.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Great, Beth-so good that something positive is happening for you.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Not being a eurovisionfan, this year I'm really proud that The Netherlands made it into the top ten of the final with a rather beautiful and sad song.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5iazXvMw5o[/youtube]

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Will have a look next time I'm at Kate's, I can't watch videos on my crappy phone. I didn't realise eurovision had happened, who won?

I have a blissful day off today, someone has come from another store to look after mine for the day and give me a break. Things are going very well, our customers are absolutely delighted to see us back. Friday we took a grand, Saturday just over 1200. I'm thrilled!

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote: I didn't realise eurovision had happened, who won?
Those who didn't take part ! :mrgreen:
blue wrote:Things are going very well, our customers are absolutely delighted to see us back. Friday we took a grand, Saturday just over 1200. I'm thrilled!
Excellent news 8) ....shame you're not on commission? :wink: