How are you today?

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: How are you today?

Post by RobB »

Glad you got the guttering done. You've certainly saved yourself a few quid by doing it yourself. Hopefully its solved the problem but I guess you'll have to wait for a deluge now to find out. :mrgreen:

Btw, my place was built in 1924 although the garage and extension were added in more recent times.

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Things were built properly in 1924. As for the 70s... :roll: ...plus the previous owner was a complete bodger.
I'm still uncovering various horrors-eg a few weeks ago I discovered that the main wall socket in our kitchen, where we've been plugging the kettle etc, runs through the wall to another plugboard under our kitchen units, powering 2 other (fake) wall sockets. :shock:

picsou
Kitchen

Post by picsou »

Almost a one man show around here now! :mrgreen:
Just bumped into a short article from 2013 in a Swedish newspaper from a journalist who met Stina and sort of thought she was going to release a new album. :shock:
Not sure I really care... :o

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Oh come on picsou, there's at least two of us posting religiously. :mrgreen:
And actually lots of Stina-related activity over the last year-the most active for some time.

I wonder if you mean the Fredrik Strage article where he unexpectedly bumped into her?

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

picsou wrote:Almost a one man show around here now! :mrgreen:
Just bumped into a short article from 2013 in a Swedish newspaper from a journalist who met Stina and sort of thought she was going to release a new album. :shock:
Not sure I really care... :o
Yeah, it's hard to believe its' been over 10 years since TWIS! :shock: :shock: :shock:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

kuhn wrote:Yeah, it's hard to believe its' been over 10 years since TWIS! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Not quite 'over 10 years' yet, we have to wait until this October to celebrate that milestone? :wink:

picsou
Kitchen

Post by picsou »

Can't believe she is still in the "business" of publishing music. Really no news about SN from any of the "insiders"?

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

I reread the 'Coming Soon' thread recently.

Until about 2008 it still seemed as if she was working on 'Coming Soon' (how ironic is that); then there were messages from the likes of Vero and Helen to say that she had moved into 'other artforms'-although nobody (here) knows what. (She might be working under an assumed name? I remember one interview where she expresses frustration at the fact that she used her real name as a singer, despite her endless quest for privacy).

More recently the only definite news has been 1) Fredrik Strage's short article where he bumped into her unexpectedly. During their very short meeting she said "I'm into a lot of secret things that would surely interest you. But now ... "
:?:
2) the re-exhibiting of the Magasin project, where Stina gave an audio interview in early 2013. Despite being a lengthy interview (in Swedish), I don't think she mentions what she is doing now, except to say she has been diagnosed with a form of autistic spectrum.
:?:

Business as usual, then. :roll:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

That serious accident Stina had seems to have been the point where she seemed to re-evaluate her life / career.....up until that point Stina did seem to be progressing well with the follow up to TWIS.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Man, this place died a death, didn't it. :shock:

Had to pop in today to send a PM to Dave, just posting in here for old time's sake. :wink:
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

It did die a death, but some of us old codgers still dredge up the energy to make the odd post. :wink:

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Nice to see you again here, btw :)
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Thank you Franck, it's good to see some people still posting here! I hadn't realised till today that it is four years since I've posted, man Facebook has a lot to answer for. :lol:

It's rather nostalgic and lovely talking to people in a forum again, do you remember the days when that was our only option to talk to people online? :mrgreen:

A lot has happened in that four years, I am a different person in some ways. But that would be a VERY long post indeed, so I'm not going to inflict it on you all. :wink:
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

blue wrote: It's rather nostalgic and lovely talking to people in a forum again, do you remember the days when that was our only option to talk to people online? :mrgreen:
That was a great time indeed, which led some of us to become real life friends!
blue wrote: A lot has happened in that four years, I am a different person in some ways. But that would be a VERY long post indeed, so I'm not going to inflict it on you all. :wink:
I guess we'd be pleased to know more, if you want to write this very long post of yours. :wink:
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:Man, this place died a death, didn't it. :shock:
Its quite scary to think this 'latest' Stina board is now 13 years old.......and we're still waiting for news of a new album from Stina today as we were 13 years ago. :pray: :mrgreen:

I guess its fairly understandable that we've all run out of steam with so little new info to discuss.