Gerald the gorilla interview

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Gerald the gorilla interview

Post by RobB »

....courtesy of the Not The Nine O'Clock News gang.

blue
Bedroom

Re: Gerald the gorilla interview

Post by blue »

God, I'm old. I actually remember watching that when it was originally broadcast! Genius. :D
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Over 30 years old now that sketch.....quiete scary where thos eyears have gone to?
A lot of credit for that sketch has to go to Pamela and Mel for playing it totally straight and managing to keep straight faces. :mrgreen:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Oh definitely, I was in tears of laughter watching it, I could not have kept a straight face! That was such a great programme, they must have been the vanguard of the whole '80s alternative comedy scene, looking back. People always associate it with Ben Elton and Harry Enfield, but I'm sure they were later.

Pamela's take on Kate Bush was hilarious, and rather offensive looking back (although, like most good comedy, with a grain of truth - Kate certainly wouldn't have had the stellar start to her career without the lycra clad boobs!)

Oh England My Leotard:

Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Funny, I missed NT9ON when it was running, because I was a student and didn't have a telly even if I could have afforded one.

But I have seen that Kate Bush spoof before. It's spot on (in a kind of LCD way). :mrgreen:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I remember when the Ruttles were spoofing the Beatles John Lennon warned Neil Innes that he needed to change a couple of songs because they were just 'too close' to the songs they were spoofing.

Pamela Stephenson must have been very close to the mark as you can hear quite easily several of kate's songs in the arrangement/performance......but apparently EMI publishing turned a blind eye......or a deaf ear anyway :mrgreen: