Take Shelter

Watched a good movie?
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Take Shelter

Post by RobB »

Has anyone else seen Take Shelter?

Its a superb indie film from the US concerning a guy who is either having a mental breakdown or is having visions of an approaching storm,the effects of which is causing violent reactions in both humans and animals.

The guy believes in the visions and begins to build an expensive storm shelter, an expense the already struggling family can ill afford.

Take Shelter is one of those ambiguous films that can be interpreted either way.

blue
Bedroom

Re: Take Shelter

Post by blue »

I added this film to my amazon list yesterday and from the description and reviews it looks to be intriguing, very much the ambiguous sort of story I like. The central premise immediately calls to mind Donnie Darko, where you're not sure if the events are actually happening or whether the character is descending into a schizophrenic breakdown.
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: Take Shelter

Post by RobB »

The comparison with Donnie Darko is a good one but I think Take Shelter is less self-consciously 'arty' and is more enjoyable for it....in my humble opinion...naturally. :mrgreen:

Shutter Island is another good film with similar themes.....as is one of my all time faves, A Tale Of Two Sisters.....oh,and I mustn't forget Paperhouse.......hmmm, I seem to like a lot of these type of films? :)