Oh dear,the dreaded 10th anniversary is looming.

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Oh dear,the dreaded 10th anniversary is looming.

Post by RobB »

I of course refer to 11th October 2014 which will be the 10th anniversary of the release of Stina's most recent album,'The World Is Saved'. I nearly typed 'Stina's last album' but I don't want to tempt fate. :whistle:

We're less than twelve weeks away from that date now and although I have always hoped that we would have a new album out before that anniversary, even my optimism is now fading fast. If Stina can go ten years without feeling the need or having the desire to release an album, then it doesn't look as if releasing any further albums will serve any useful purpose. :violin: :(

pgss
Bedroom

Re: Oh dear,the dreaded 10th anniversary is looming.

Post by pgss »

Rob, you can tempt fate. I've been in contact with someone (don't want to spread names here) who knows what's stina up to. There is no music being made at the moment, nor are there any plans to do so.

Of course it could be different in a year. But this 10th anniversary will pass without a new release.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Paul, thanks for the update,even if the news is disappointing if perhaps not totally unexpected.

roryks
Toilet

Post by roryks »

I come back here occasionally to see if there's any news of Stina. It always gives me good cheer to see you still on here, Rob. You have been a stalwart here for years.

I don't think it is worth giving up hope. Who knows what happens in the lives of people. Yeah, they might give up hope, or lose heart, or be disillusioned, or any other number of things...but a change can happen at any time. Stina will always have that musical magic - it could spark in an instant.

I also took heart from this list - http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/227289/longe ... bums.htm#1. Portishead, 11 years. Vashti Bunyan, 35 years!! My Bloody Valentine, anyone? That's an interesting one because at the time of the article (15.11.12) it was, "22 years so far..." and of course they recently released mbv

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

roryks wrote: It always gives me good cheer to see you still on here, Rob. You have been a stalwart here for years.
Thank you roryks, that's very kind of you to say so. :D It certainly beats being called a saddo who should get a life? 8) :mrgreen:

Kate Bush kept us (her fans) 12 years between The Red Shoes & Aerial, and Pink Floyd are releasing a new 'old' album this October, their first album in twenty years. So like yourself, I am use to the long waits.

On a related downside though, Syd Barrett kept his fans waiting several decades and then ran out of time. That would be a terrible waste of a talent if that should happen to Stina? :(

As my old granny use to say,'Don't put off til tomorrow what you can get done today'. :wink:

roryks
Toilet

Post by roryks »

Surely Syd Barrett is not a good yard-stick - Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and all that. :?

Also, I think it's a wee bit mean that pgss has "been in contact with someone who knows what Stina's up to," but doesn't say any more than that. Surely this little community is just the right place to share what Stina's up to. :shhh:

On a side not, Rob (Essex, England)...I'm over that side of the world, too. Pint, perhaps?

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Syd was ill that's true but I'm not sure that stopped him from making records. That was his choice and I'm sure many of his fans hoped that he would change his mind.

I'm not personally bothered about the source of the information, so long as the info itself is sound. And with Paul's integrity I know it will have been.

Life is busy at the moment but I'll keep that drink in mind. :)

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

roryks wrote:Also, I think it's a wee bit mean that pgss has "been in contact with someone who knows what Stina's up to," but doesn't say any more than that. Surely this little community is just the right place to share what Stina's up to. :shhh:
I gave the information I can share. We've had several possible contacts for Stina information over the years. I've learned that if you share all those contacts, people get tired of answering questions about Stina's progress on music. So therefor I'm not willing to disclose here who my contact is.

roryks
Toilet

Post by roryks »

This is one of those wrong-end-of-the-stick situations - almost literally...if it was a stick. "Been in contact with someone who knows what Stina's been up to," was the phrase. It was more the "what Stina's been up to," end of the stick that I was intrigued by, and not the "contact" end. I wasn't inquiring about who the contact was. It might be that your contact is only someone who knows someone who knows someone, etc etc, who knows someone who knows "what Stina's been up to" because "what Stina's been up to," is such a vague phrase. It's not the contact...don't get hung up about the contact. Your secret is safe. But could you just slip her/him another fifty to expand on "what Stina's been up to." Concentrating on her photography, perhaps? Simply enjoying an undisturbed, quiet life somewhere, perhaps? Teaching musical theory at a private school, perhaps?

That's the end of the stick I was referring to. Not the "contact" end.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Roryks, I'm sorry that I got the wrong idea of the story. The contact is someone who is in direct contact with Stina. She has not disclosed what Stina is up to now she's not working on music. In the past I was told Stina had moved on to other artforms. And that's as far as the information goes.

I'm not planning on asking for more information. Stina is someone who likes her privacy and knows how to contact the press when she wants to tell us something.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

pgss wrote:Stina is someone who likes her privacy and knows how to contact the press when she wants to tell us something.
..........or she might tell us first? An exclusive? 8) As Stina once wrote on these very boards........ 'you can never be certain for sure.' :wink:

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Has it been 10 years?! :shock: :(

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Unfortunately yes, and the way things are going its going to be another ten years before we hear something new! Even Stina's 'guest appearances' seem to have dried up recently? :(

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Less than five hours to go now. :(

I don't suppose there's much hope of Stina releasing a new album between now and midnight? :pray:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Well, that's it isn't it, it was ten years ago today that Stina released her last album, 'The World is Saved'.

Happy 10th birthday to TWIS. [bday]