A Tale Of Two Sisters

Watched a good movie?
St. Francis
Hallway

A Tale Of Two Sisters

Post by St. Francis »

Worth seeing, very well done and very sad - and pretty damn scary with it!!!

It's out in the UK on Tartan DVD - I had to import mine from Hong Kong as Australia is hopelessly slow, they have only just got The Eye and Young Adam at the cinema here...it's like being in a cultural time warp where digital watches are the 'new' thing.

Help!!!!!
"I was the lead in the orphan choir, where I sang with all my might, until I grew up too high..."

whatis
Living room

Post by whatis »

thought it'll be broadcast on SBS by now...

St. Francis
Hallway

Post by St. Francis »

As good as SBS is, they've recently shown Inugami, Spiral and St John's Wort, they haven't shown this on regular TV - and as I have so little time/interest in TV i haven't bought Foxtel, so it might have been on SBS World Movies, though it hasn't been given a DVD release here.

Besides 33% of all films given a release cinematically or on DVD are cut here. Which is really why I only import my films anyway. They are so prissy here they cut Disney films, Harry Potter, Sailor Moon for godsake!!!!!!! Since I have been here since July 2004 I have yet to see a film be theatrically released with an R rating - the highest you can get here equal to a UK18 and US NC17. Even Kill Bill vol.2 was a 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that had eye lopping scenes :! :! :!
"I was the lead in the orphan choir, where I sang with all my might, until I grew up too high..."

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

St. Francis wrote:here. Which is really why I only import my films anyway. They are so prissy here they cut Disney films, Harry Potter, Sailor Moon for godsake!!!!!!! Since I have been here since July 2004 I have yet to see a film be theatrically released with an R rating - the highest you can get here equal to a UK18 and US NC17. Even Kill Bill vol.2 was a 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that had eye lopping scenes :! :! :!

Really?!! :shock:

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

I've seen this movie this week and it was amazing; it's a Korean movie about two sisters and their cruel stepmom, but there's some nice twists and scares. Very nicely filmed! I've also seen it on sale here on dvd for like ?7.50...
-I am a true Believer-

RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Re: A Tale Of Two Sisters

Post by RobB »

St. Francis wrote:Worth seeing, very well done and very sad - and pretty damn scary with it!!!
I've totally fallen in love with this film....counting the two commentaries,I've now watched the film five times this week. :shock: :mrgreen:

It is indeed a very sad film and when the younger sister starts screaming in disbelief ( I can't say too much without given away plot twists) its equally sad and scary.

Definately in my all time top 10 favourite films.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

it's so sad to think that there is an undoubtedly dire american remake coming out next year of this gem, don't they have any original ideas in hollywood anymore?

If you like this film check out the original (not remake) Dark Water, stunning heartbreaking ghost story...
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

d.a.walker wrote:it's so sad to think that there is an undoubtedly dire american remake coming out next year of this gem, don't they have any original ideas in hollywood anymore?

If you like this film check out the original (not remake) Dark Water, stunning heartbreaking ghost story...
i liked the remake of Dark Water too, it had a nice ending.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I do have the orginal version of 'Dark Water' somewhere but I don't really remember much about it.
It certainly couldn't have made the same impression on me as ATOTS did.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

Give it another watch, it's ever so subtle and very sad, the ending really is heartbreaking, but avoid the US abortion of a remake, which made it into the dullest piece of crap ever!
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

d.a.walker wrote:Give it another watch, it's ever so subtle and very sad, the ending really is heartbreaking, but avoid the US abortion of a remake, which made it into the dullest piece of crap ever!
I actually had a hunt for the original 'Dark Water' this morning but couldn't find it,although I did come across the re-make so maybe I never did have the original. I probably didn't like the story of the Hollywood version and decided not to bother with the Japanese original.
Than again,I may have loaned it out and forgotten about it. :(

Maybe it was the original of 'The Grudge' ( which I do have.....along with its remake) that I was thinking about. With so many originals and remakes it does get a little bit confusing.

Anyway,that probably explains why 'Dark Water' (the original) didn't make any impact on me so I'll definately have a look out for the original now.

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

I've never seen the Japanese original but the Grudge was seriously awful, I expected more since it's so popular and get's compared to the Ring so much, which actually is a really good film.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Back on topic, 'A Tale of Two Sisters' can be now seen on YouTube.

Here's part 1 (links can easily be found to the following parts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDA6fs5s ... L&index=33