Video: Stina performing 'Soon after Christmas' live in 1991.

A place dedicated to the work of Stina Nordenstam
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Video: Stina performing 'Soon after Christmas' live in 1991.

Post by RobB »

A really nice live performance of 'Soon After Christmas' from a festival appearance in 1991.

Franck
Living room

Re: Video: Stina performing 'Soon after Christmas' live in 1991.

Post by Franck »

Isn't that annoying to hear (what I guess is) another stage sound?

A great document, by the way. She doesn't feel at ease, does she?
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Wow, gold dust!

That's so great to see for several reasons - Stina performing live post-MOAC; Stina performing live singing one of her own songs (rather than a standard); Stina playing the piano! (I always knew she was playing on that song!- she has a good style). And just lovely to watch.
And - unless it's just a setlist - she's got the words or the dots on the piano.

I don't think she looks ill at ease! and I think the noise is just Festival noise....unavoidable

I transcribed (worked out/wrote down all the music for) Soon After Christmas recently (along with various other Stina songs, with more to come) using the MOAC version and the live version at Fasching. It's in a nice key (Ab) and interesting to note she makes a few tiny changes in the way she plays and sings it in this Festival performance. I've always thought it's a great song, so poised, yet full of emotion bubbling just below the surface.

Any more where that came from, I wonder? Audience video quality is good for 1991.

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

I think Stina is initially distracted (and perhaps a bit annoyed) by the various sounds of the audience and other artists performing but she's soon totally focused on her performance. Its hard to believe that this video has been on Facebook for three and a half years !! :shock: I only came across a link to it by sheer fluke when I was doing a google search for Stina images from 1991. I did have a look but I couldn't find any further links to other songs performed at this festival,which (given the posters name) is probably the Hultsfred festival that took place on 9 & 10 August 1991. Mind you,that's a funny time of year to be singing Soon after Christmas !! :D

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

So how do you do a search on Google Images for eg '1991'? I can't get anything better than 'Any time' or 'Past Year' or 'Last Month' etc

Quite a find, RobB! I'm delighted!

Franck
Living room

Post by Franck »

Maybe I anticipate a bit about the fact she won't play shows after MOAC, and searching for things that would annoy her to play live, I don't know. It's just my feeling looking at this video.

Anyway it's incredible to see that kind of good quality video back from the 90s indeed.
"quand les mouettes ont pied, il est temps de virer" (dicton de marin breton)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:49 pm
So how do you do a search on Google Images for eg '1991'? I can't get anything better than 'Any time' or 'Past Year' or 'Last Month' etc

In the Google search box I just type in 'Stina Nordenstam' + '1991'. The first page just brings up 'all' results but you can modify those results by clicking on 'images' or 'videos'. The link to this 1991 festival video was down near the bottom of the 'all' page. I'm using my old PC (with windows 7) but I think you use a more up to date Mac so maybe Google search works differently with your machine?

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Thanks for that RobB. I'll give it a go.
*Deep breath*
OK here goes, 'Stina Nordenstam + 1969', 'Stina Nordenstam +1970, 'Stina Nordenstam +1971'....... :D

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:28 pm
Thanks for that RobB. I'll give it a go.
*Deep breath*
OK here goes, 'Stina Nordenstam + 1969', 'Stina Nordenstam +1970, 'Stina Nordenstam +1971'....... :D
:mrgreen: