Siobhan Donaghy

New bands are welcome
pgss
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Siobhan Donaghy

Post by pgss »

Did anyone listen to the first solo-album of ex-sugababe Siobhan Donaghy?

I really liked her debutalbum Revolution in Me. It's a shame that her (more alternative) singles Overrated and Twist of Fate did not get the success they deserve.

She was dumped by her recordcompany last year and has a new recorddeal again. She'll release a new album later this year with more "electronic" music instead of indie-soul-songs. ^

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

I heard this girl singing at Glastonbury two or three years back - I'd no idea who she was, just wondered why there were cameras filming her. :D I think she was doing an accoustic spot for the BBC or something. Anyway I was impressed with her voice, great singer. ^

St. Francis
Hallway

Post by St. Francis »

I really liked Revolution In Me, especially Iodine and Dialect ^

More electronic music? Oh no, not a'la Rachel Stevens please!!!!!!!! :shock:
"I was the lead in the orphan choir, where I sang with all my might, until I grew up too high..."

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Siobhan Donaghy has signed up with Parlophone, a good label that gives artists a change to develop themselves. Anyway, there are some tracks online that are from her new album. You can check them out over here

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

pgss wrote:Siobhan Donaghy has signed up with Parlophone, a good label that gives artists a change to develop themselves.
Yeah there was some band called The Beatles who signed with Parlophone.Didn't do them any harm. :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Not to mention Radiohead. ^

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Well I'm happy for Siobhan. I was really impressed by her debutalbum. It was poppy but with smart lyrics and a nice edge to everything. Her new direction seems to be more electronic but I guess that suits her voice real well.

I think that most artists signed by Parlophone get the chance to grow. They have all kinds of artists with one thing in common: they're big in their own respective genres.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

The new Siobhan Donaghy album is going to be called "Ghosts". That titletrack sounds like a massive attack track around the protection-era. Love it!

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

i downloaded "Ghost" a few weeks ago and it's very good! It's amazing that someone coming from such a twee mainstream pop group could turn around and make something so great.

[no offence to the sugababes or anything ;)]

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

Ghosts is indeed a very good song. It's more close to the sound of Massive Attack than it is to the sugababes.

aermancer
Bathroom

Post by aermancer »

Her album Ghosts has been delayed until June, but it leaked months ago. I just downloaded it yesterday, it's brilliant.

I was listening to Medevac and i thought she totally sounded like Kate Bush in parts, someone else listen and tell me if i'm crazy.

when she sings "medic, medevac" and at :45 she definitely sounds like Kate.

kuhn
Bedroom

Post by kuhn »

Too bad pgss is missing in action, like 95 % of the original members.

d.a.walker
Bathroom

Post by d.a.walker »

Ghosts is superb stuff. Nice to hear a younger singer showing that there is much more to music than just looking good (mind you she does look very good :wink: ).

Being my usual unorganised self I have had it on my studio computer, playing away but I have no idea what the names of each track are other than Don't Let It Go, but I absolutely adore track 8, god it is good.
I dreamed of 747's, over geometric farms...

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

kuhn wrote:Too bad pgss is missing in action, like 95 % of the original members.
I'm here... reading mainly.

pgss
Bedroom

Post by pgss »

aermancer wrote:Her album Ghosts has been delayed until June, but it leaked months ago. I just downloaded it yesterday, it's brilliant.
I've been listening to it too for quite some months now. It's indeed one hell of an album.
aermancer wrote:I was listening to Medevac and i thought she totally sounded like Kate Bush in parts, someone else listen and tell me if i'm crazy.
This is said all over the Siobhan Donaghy forums. I don't think she sounds like Kate Bush. Somehow her voice is too thin for that. But those songs could very well be recorded by Kate and sound absolutely fabulous.

Beth, you should give this a spin.