anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:Glad all is well Alex, wooden legs are cool. 8) [akiss]
............ until you get woodworm! :lol:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

:D :D

I suppose they have plastic legs, nowadays. What are prosthetics actually made of? Every time I see a picture of Heather Mills McCartney I always wonder that.

I get the results of all my heart/blood tests in about three hours. I hope I haven't got vascular woodworm. Incidentally, small piece of advice for any women reading this if they have to have an ECG at any point - after you bathe/shower on the day of your appointment, DON'T put your body creme on. It makes it very difficult for the little monitoring pads to stick properly to your skin, and prolongs the whole naked-from-the-waist-up scenario to about double the time it should take. :D
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:It makes it very difficult for the little monitoring pads to stick properly to your skin, and prolongs the whole naked-from-the-waist-up scenario to about double the time it should take. :D
well,at least i hope they warmed their hands up first? :wink:

Good luck with the results. :)

alx5962
Bedroom

Post by alx5962 »

I hope your resulsts are ok Eliza.

A good health is a precious gift, I'm sad I only realized that late... But In few weeks I may be able to run and dance so I can only enjoy that and maje plans while waiting.
I believe in your smile everyday
But I know that you're far from my way
When I talk to the moon I can hear you
In the dark I can see, I can feel your light

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

Oh yes,I think we're all guilty of taking our good health for granted,right up until we're suddenly in poor health.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Tell me about it. I only went to the doctor originally because I thought I might have vertigo (I keep falling over unexpectedly), next thing I know he's talking about ECGs and 'neurological events' and robbing litres of my blood for tests. :shock:

Good news: my heart is fine. This is a huge relief. Licence to carry on smoking, drinking and living on Pot Noodles for another few years. :D

Something's shown up in my blood tests though which has them a bit puzzled, and might be nothing at all to do with the falling over, but has to be investigated regardless. So I have to have more blood tests next week, and x-rays. Great. More stripping off in front of assorted medical personal. I shan't have a shred of inhibition left by the time they're done with me. :wink:

Alex, sending you all possible good thoughts. Enjoy making those plans for when you're back on your feet. [akiss]

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Good -enough(?) news ,Beth.How you can seriously eat Pot Noodles is beyond me.Mind you,I grew up on Angel Delight and other neon '70s foods.:D
My blood test was all clear too.Although I had to take it again because they LOST the original :roll: ,which is particularly ironic in my case as I'm one of the most squeamish of all humans.The thought of having to do ANOTHER blood test filled me with terror.
So obviously I just have weird stomach problems,nothing major,phew.

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Angel Delight was fab, the only 'pudding' we ever had in our house when I was a kid, and that was only on really special occasions. :D

Dave, sue the buggers for losing your blood and causing you unnecessary emotional suffering! It's bad enough having to give it in the first place. Do you get faint when they take it? I have to look away, otherwise I feel really ill. :V

What with your stomach problems, Alex's wooden leg and my falling over, I think we need a medical thread. 8)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Yes I used to like Angel delight,partic the butterscotch.Apparently there's some firm who have bought up all these deeply unfashionable foods (Atora beef suet etc,things that wouldn't pass the health regime) to cater for the growing 'food nostalgia' industry.

Yes,I have to look away where any blood or needles are involved,that's if I haven't fainted first.
Robin was born by Caesarean section,Lisa was lucid through the whole thing with a local anaesthetic and I was allowed to sit by her head.Which was kind of OK except that the only thing between me and the knives and gore was a kind of table-tennis net.I had to just about lie on the floor to avoid seeing anything and passing out.
But I did manage to cut the umbilical... :? :)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Do you know I was just thinking about that the other day, because a colleague at work was talking about when she had her little boy - same thing, an epidural so she was fully conscious as they were cutting the baby out of her. I just find that extraordinary and grotesque and fascinating, the idea of being awake while your body is worked on ...... :shock: I'd have a nervous breakdown. :D I'm sure I'd have flashbacks all the time, and dreams. Not that I'll be having another child, I've decided I'm too old and knackered. I thought I was pregnant a little while ago and I was so relieved when it turned out to be a false alarm. :lol:

Childbirth is way over-rated. :lol:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:Tell me about it. I only went to the doctor originally because I thought I might have vertigo (I keep falling over unexpectedly),
Oh,you should have asked me,i could have diagnosed that symptom in three seconds flat. 8)
Its caused by being pissed as a newt. :lol:

I went to the doctors the other month after finding a small lump in my arm that felt like a smartie under the skin.......sorry,don't know what colour! :wink:
Anyway,turns out that its just a fatty deposit but i had a blood test which checked for loads of stuff and it all came back negative.

Anyway,whilst there i had a nice little chat with my doctor as he was new (my last doctor had recently retired which made a change as my previous doctors usually died of something or other which didn't fill me with graet confidence particularly) and he very kindly had a look through my old paperwork to see when i had my tonsils out. I still have a clear memory of being in this two bed room at Black Notley hospital (now a housing estate i believe :( ) with another young lad called Michael and he had a battery operated Stingray (submarine toy) which had flashing lights and sound effects and I had a one that did diddlely squit.

Anyway,the date i had my tonsils out was 15th June 1965.........41 years ago now :shock: and it seems like only yesterday i was in that room with my Stingray. :)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Funny old world.I've been in Black Notley hospital around then,never to stay though (thanks God).I'm pretty sure my sister was born there. :)

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

RobB wrote:
Oh,you should have asked me,i could have diagnosed that symptom in three seconds flat. 8)
Its caused by being pissed as a newt. :lol:
:D :D

I don't mind falling over when I'm drunk, but it's happened seven times in the past year when I've been perfectly sober and just walking along minding my own business. Seems a bit odd, particularly as I have no idea how it's happening - it's not like I'm tripping or slipping or going over on my shoes. I wear flat shoes. I just suddenly pitch forward and find myself on the deck. :shock: A great-aunt of mine suffers with vertigo and she has similar falls, which is why I thought it might be that. Both doctors I've seen so far have dismissed it as an explanation though, so I guess I have to trust their judgement. :?

rob wrote:I went to the doctors the other month after finding a small lump in my arm that felt like a smartie under the skin.......sorry,don't know what colour! :wink:
Anyway,turns out that its just a fatty deposit but i had a blood test which checked for loads of stuff and it all came back negative.
We definitely need a medical thread. Sounds like you had a baseline blood test - the good thing about that is it gives a bit of reassurance about your general health. Apart from the weird thing they've found in mine, everything else was normal - no diabetes, cholesterol is normal etc, so I know now I'm in surprisingly good health for my age and disastrous smoking/drinking/Pot Noodle eating habits.

rob wrote: I still have a clear memory of being in this two bed room at Black Notley hospital (now a housing estate i believe :( ) with another young lad called Michael and he had a battery operated Stingray (submarine toy) which had flashing lights and sound effects and I had a one that did diddlely squit.
Stingray!! [love] I love how this thread is taking me back to my childhood. :D

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

Altogether now
'Stingray,Stingray,duddleurdleurdle,Stingray,Stingray!'

'Marina,aqua Marina...' (as a boy I used to hate that soppy bit)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Altogether now
'Stingray,Stingray,duddleurdleurdle,Stingray,Stingray!'

'Marina,aqua Marina...' (as a boy I used to hate that soppy bit)
But Marina herself was abit of alright though wasn't she? :wink:
But where was Howard? :lol: