Yay, off to...! :-)

Talk about everything here
RobB
Bedroom
anti-spam: No

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:I don't mind falling over when I'm drunk, but it's happened seven times in the past year when I've been perfectly sober and just walking along minding my own business.
Isn't balance something to do with the inner ear?
How is your hearing? :)

I SAID HOW IS YOUR HEARING? :lol:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Funny old world.I've been in Black Notley hospital around then,never to stay though (thanks God).I'm pretty sure my sister was born there. :)
Dave,how old is your sister?
Its ok....I won't tell on you....we'll keep it just between the two of us !! :wink: :lol:

Its certainly a small old world. :)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

She's just been 46. :)

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:She's just been 46. :)
So you would have been visiting Black Notley about five years before I was a patient there. :)

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

No,I used to go as an outpatient later on,for what I can't remember.
Mybe about the time you were with Stingray? :D

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:No,I used to go as an outpatient later on,for what I can't remember.
Maybe you were in there having your memory tested? :lol:

sound world wrote: Maybe about the time you were with Stingray? :D
If you're name was Michael then I might have begun to think that it was you in the next bed. :wink:

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Maybe it was Dave and he just called himself Michael because he didn't want you tracking him down after you got out of hospital. Maybe he feared for the safety of his superior Stingray. :O

Dave, the board needs to know DA TROOF!!!
Ice, you were the one most tender with the rivers.
You, the roof of the waves, layer after layer after layer ...

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

RobB wrote: Isn't balance something to do with the inner ear?
Yep, and I suffer very badly with travel sickness which is also to do with the balance mechanism, another reason I assumed it might be vertigo.

My hearing is .... selective, since I got married. Certain things my husband says to me I just don't seem to hear at all .... :D

sound world
Bedroom

Post by sound world »

blue wrote:Maybe it was Dave and he just called himself Michael because he didn't want you tracking him down after you got out of hospital. Maybe he feared for the safety of his superior Stingray. :O

Dave, the board needs to know DA TROOF!!!
Sniff.....I never had a Stingray.... :cry:

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

sound world wrote:Sniff.....I never had a Stingray.... :cry:
Well,neither did Steve Irwin and look where that got him !! :(

blue
Bedroom

Post by blue »

Do the people who design hospitals have any common sense at all? I just had my x-rays done this morning up at Stoke Mandeville, in the new purpose built x-ray unit, and I cannot believe the insensitive stupidity of the layout. The changing cubicles are IN the public waiting area, so if like me you have to get stripped off and into a gown, you have to do so with everyone sat there gawping at you as you go in and come out. Then you have to sit in this public waiting area in your gown. The gown that doesn't do up at the back, yes.

I mean ... am I just unnaturally modest, or does that strike anyone else as being a horribly insensitive way to treat people? I hope I never have to go back there again. :?

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

blue wrote:Then you have to sit in this public waiting area in your gown. The gown that doesn't do up at the back, yes.
hmmm....good job you were wearing your gown the right way round then? :shock: :lol:

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

yes, it's time to dig up this thread again, because i'm sure people will leave for awhile and we won't have "this board is so quiet" threads now do we? :D

SO i'm going to Norway again this summer and will be leaving wednesday evening. Fortunately with a wifi laptop it's a little more easy to visit the board some time, but i'm sure you won't hear as much...

Where are you all going? I'm sure the brits among us would also want to escape all this rain they have to suffer.. :)
(my brother just emailed me pics of the flood they had today in Friesland!)
-I am a true Believer-

RobB
Bedroom

Post by RobB »

wirbel wrote: Fortunately with a wifi laptop it's a little more easy to visit the board some time,
That is so sad. The whole point of a holiday is to get away from the old routine and do something different. :lol:
Hope you have a nice time in Norway anyway,even if you do have to drag 'home comforts' with you. :wink:

As for me, well i'm off to Wales next weekend with partner. :)

Then back for a couple of weeks and then off to the Cotswolds for a week......with partner :) .....and the kids. :cry:

Then back again for a few more weeks and then off to Cornwall for a week with partner :) ..........and no kids. :D

Hopefully the weather will settle down again and we can get back to how it was all the way through April. :)

wirbel
Bathroom

Post by wirbel »

RobB wrote: Then back for a couple of weeks and then off to the Cotswolds for a week......with partner :) .....and the kids. :cry:
too bad you have to 'drag' them with you ;) :D:D
but no the laptop isn't mine, so i'll only be checking my email on it once a week or so.. and maybe see what's happening here :)
I also just want to relax and have a good time; but also do a lot of activities, like hiking and visiting sights :)
-I am a true Believer-